skyhawkbowhunter

Vortex Vulture binos?

Doug, there would be no comparison, your binos wold run away with the championship!

'After hearing all this mumbo jumbo about Vortex, I checked a pair out at Ruff's in Flagstaff... I was not impressed at all! They didnt fit at all, and they were not that clear. I would realy suggest shopping around a little bit.

Skyhawk,

I do not want to tell you what to do......... but for about $50 more you can get some Nikon Monarchs 12x42. I have a pair of them I use for still hunting. I also got a nice bonus from work a couple of years ago and got some 15x56 SLCs. I only use them for glassing. The Nikon will do you well for a long time.

Lee

Thanks Kevin you are right, this is not BS.

I was just trying to save Skyhawk some money.

If he wants to buy those Binos because thats all he can afford

and WANTS to have something NOW, than that is fine.

I just stated my thoughts Rimhunter.

I may be wrong but I think some day you will

buy something better than your Swifts.

I REALLY liked my Pentex 10X50's

till I got to spend more than a minute behind Swarows.

I also stated he did not have to spend $2000.00

but should save his money and get a little better glass.

I am not a rich man and I struggle to buy my TOOLS for hunting.

I am not trying to show off with this picture but there is a VERY GOOD

reason that I have spent the amount of money I did on this GLASS

post-1778-1209429126_thumb.jpg

Show off :P

Thanks Kevin you are right, this is not BS.

I was just trying to save Skyhawk some money.

If he wants to buy those Binos because thats all he can afford

and WANTS to have something NOW, than that is fine.

I just stated my thoughts Rimhunter.

I may be wrong but I think some day you will

buy something better than your Swifts.

I REALLY liked my Pentex 10X50's

till I got to spend more than a minute behind Swarows.

I also stated he did not have to spend $2000.00

but should save his money and get a little better glass.

I am not a rich man and I struggle to buy my TOOLS for hunting.

I am not trying to show off with this picture but there is a VERY GOOD

reason that I have spent the amount of money I did on this GLASS

post-1778-1209429126_thumb.jpg

Show off :P

:angry: Me Thinks you need to go to Walley World NOW

And replace something I gave you.

And also give me your GPS to delete a way point ;)

Skyhawk,

I do not want to tell you what to do......... but for about $50 more you can get some Nikon Monarchs 12x42. I have a pair of them I use for still hunting. I also got a nice bonus from work a couple of years ago and got some 15x56 SLCs. I only use them for glassing. The Nikon will do you well for a long time.

Lee

+1

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...?showtopic=8964

I would highly recommend this. I have the 12x42 monarchs myself. Swaros are not and will not be in my budget anytime soon. These are super binoculars for the money. Daryl.

I own and use two pairs of bino's. I use my Swarovski 15x56 with a tripod for glassing, and I use Minox 8x32 for around my neck while I'm hiking, stalking, or for looking at close stuff. For me the binos around my neck really take a beating. I really don't go anywhere without them and they get banged around pretty hard, while my expensive Swarovski's are protected in my pack. It's for this reason that I don't want a thousand dollar set of glass hanging from my neck getting beat up. I choose to buy less expensive mid priced binos with good glass to use for close stuff. I may have to replace them every 6-8 years from all the abuse, but I'd rather replace a set of $400 binos than a set of $1,000 binos. JMO

I'll be buying a new pair this summer to replace my Minox. They've lasted me roughly 10 years and they're just getting to scratched and worn out. I'll be looking at Minox, Vortex, Pentax, Nikon, and perhaps a few other brands to replace them. Although I think I'll probably step up to some 10 power instead.

Tim, if your going to replace them, Schmitty has the perfect Leica's for sale in the classifieds that would work perfect for ya!

Just get what you can afford and go hunting. That is what is all about.

Don't get glass envy!

:D :lol: B)

Don't get glass envy!

Listen to DesertBull, go buy what you an afford now and go hunting. ;) I'm willing to bet that most of these guys had many years of good times with a cheaper pair, except for maybe a few who had rich folks, but it is easy for them now to say save your money and buy the best. Yes, they are trying to help out from experience but when you ain't got that kind of money the cheaper binos will do just fine and it will let you appreciate the better ones when time comes.

Good luck hunting and enjoy whatever you buy. One word of advise would be to treat your cheaper binos with great care like not laying them on the dash while drving or on the floor. Protect them from any hard knocks and they will do just fine for now. :)

TJ

Thanks for all the info guys I think I might upgrade to the 15x50s. There is still a while until deer season.Right now I have 10x42 bruntons. there okay but I think I can do better.I think it would take me until next deer season to get the binoculars I want.Lieca Geovid 15x56s.

Don't get glass envy!

Listen to DesertBull, go buy what you an afford now and go hunting. ;) I'm willing to bet that most of these guys had many years of good times with a cheaper pair, except for maybe a few who had rich folks, but it is easy for them now to say save your money and buy the best. Yes, they are trying to help out from experience but when you ain't got that kind of money the cheaper binos will do just fine and it will let you appreciate the better ones when time comes.

Good luck hunting and enjoy whatever you buy. One word of advise would be to treat your cheaper binos with great care like not laying them on the dash while drving or on the floor. Protect them from any hard knocks and they will do just fine for now. :)

TJ

Oh Yeah!!! :lol: I had a great time when I owned the Cheap Ones.... :rolleyes: ... I just never found as many critters! Better optics will make you a better hunter, if you let them... I know that it helped me. ;)

Examples......

A custom carpenter is made better by his specialty tools..... just as a mechanic can be made better by his.

I won't use cheap glass if it is free..... and you never get to sell your cheap glass for a fair price, no one wants it. :rolleyes: I have never "lost" money when selling some of my Swaro equipment to upgrade to "the latest or greatest". And the good stuff has never let me down. ;)

Buy what you can afford if you need to buy now..... otherwise, save and play with the good stuff sooner! IMO. ;)

CnS

Don't get glass envy!

TJ

Oh Yeah!!! :lol: I had a great time when I owned the Cheap Ones.... :rolleyes: ... I just never found as many critters! Better optics will make you a better hunter, if you let them... I know that it helped me. ;)

Examples......

A custom carpenter is made better by his specialty tools..... just as a mechanic can be made better by his.

I won't use cheap glass if it is free..... and you never get to sell your cheap glass for a fair price, no one wants it. :rolleyes: I have never "lost" money when selling some of my Swaro equipment to upgrade to "the latest or greatest". And the good stuff has never let me down. ;)

Buy what you can afford if you need to buy now..... otherwise, save and play with the good stuff sooner! IMO. ;)

CnS

Skyhawkbowhunter.....now that you're leaning towards a pair of 15's be sure to look at the classified ad by gonhntn. He has a brand new pair of swar. 15x56's for $1850. I bought a pair just like these last year from Ray and these come with a camera adapter, tripod adapter, warranty, and a nice case. I don't know of anyone else who can beat that deal.

Gino..... I won't use cheap glass if it is free? :huh: Yeah right! :lol: :lol: Other than that great advise. ;)

TJ

Gino..... I won't use cheap glass if it is free? :huh: Yeah right! :lol: :lol: Other than that great advise. ;)

TJ

TJ, :P

Anyone who spends as much time or MORE time (there are plent who spend more time) behind binos, will agree with my statement.... I simply would rather not waste my time.... :rolleyes: That is not Spoiled..... Maybe set in my ways but not spoiled.... I busted my but to get these glasses for a reason.... they ARE that good. ;) :P

Do what you gotta do SkyHawk..... but set your standards high as you can and NEVER, ever be satisfied..... ;)

CnS

TJ

TJ, :P

Anyone who spends as much time or MORE time (there are plent who spend more time) behind binos, will agree with my statement.... I simply would rather not waste my time.... :rolleyes: That is not Spoiled..... Maybe set in my ways but not spoiled.... I busted my but to get these glasses for a reason.... they ARE that good. ;) :P

Do what you gotta do SkyHawk..... but set your standards high as you can and NEVER, ever be satisfied..... ;)

CnS

Gino.....so you caught the spoiled part before I edited it. :lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't know how you spoiled guys :P would take it so I deleted it and made it sound a little more gentle on ya. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding for sure here Gino ;)

I have to admit I haven't looked thru any other high quality glass other than swars. :unsure: I know you spend more time behind binos than myself so I won't argue with you on this one. I'll have to see for myself and then maybe I'll have two pairs of swars. for sale. :( :(

TJ