Sign in to follow this  
POk3s

A few questions for the locals

Hey guys, myself and a buddy are coming bowhunting in a little under a month but have a few logistical questions that I’m sure you guys can answer quickly. I’m almost positive that my lack of finding it on the internet answers my questions but need to be sure. Yes I understand I can call but sometimes I hate bothering the game and fish and would rather bother you guys! 😂

1) it says you can buy tags at any vendor which include a bunch of places. Walmart included. That’s our plan after my plane lands in Phoenix. My Colorado buddy is worried that we can’t buy tags after the season begins because that’s how Colorado is. I land on the 4th and he picks me up. There shouldn’t be any problem driving to Walmart and buying our archery tags on January 4th correct??

2) Is the tag you purchase unit specific, or is it open for all units that it’s currently open for archery OTC coues?? It’s only a 5 day hunt but if we can look through a second unit on our glorified scouting trip that would be cool!

thank you!

1. Yes, you can buy tags at any point prior to or during the season. Yes, Walmart and pretty much any sporting goods store sells them.

2. The OTC archery deer tag is not specific to any unit. Not all units are open during OTC archery deer, but your tag is good for all open units.

• Like 1

You can buy tags any time and they are not unit specific. 

• Like 1

I’ve been there plenty newlyminted, and it still doesn’t specifically answer the questions. The LACK of answers made me fairly certain I was correct in my thinking, but I wanted to ask the folks who live it and breathe it every year. 

• Like 1