Sign in to follow this  
willie

new 270 build

here is a custom 270 that just got built has some different features you do not see every day and i am just kinda excited about it and had post some pictures to share it. she weighs 7 lbs 10 oz so not to heavy, has a made from scratch muzzlebrake, octaganal remington reciever, shilin barrel, high tech specialties stock.

post-2099-1210312194_thumb.jpg

post-2099-1210312365_thumb.jpg

post-2099-1210312399_thumb.jpg

post-2099-1210312461_thumb.jpg

post-2099-1210312846_thumb.jpg

That looks pretty sweet! Who built it for you? I'd almost be scared to take a rifle like that out to the hills to get all scratched up.

Do I get to brag???

Gun was built by Willie, he put it together for his little brother who happens to be bigger than all of us. Lil'Y is graduating from high school this year and we decided to build him a gun that would fit his arms and his big mellon. We could never figure out why he had such a hard time finding things in a scope until we did the "duh", he is bigger than the rest of us, full head bigger. Anyway, Willie did a nice job on it, we shot it a couple of weekends ago and had a blast shooting Lil'Y's gun without him being around. We built several loads and found one of the powders 4831 seemed to group a little better than the others.

Nice looking gun Willie....course.....I am biased.....Lil'Y is going to put a bunch of scratches on that gun, you and I both know that, but he is going to be one proud kid to have a gun built by big brother........can't wait to help him put something down with that gun.

Which only means that we better go shoot it a few more times just to make sure it is on :blink: :blink: :blink:

Awesome! Some of the most fun that I have had lately is building rifles for three of my grandsons who have been content to shoot the rifles that I gave them when they turned twelve. The oldest is a freshman in college and the youngest will be a sophomore in high school this year. Lots more gratifying than cooking up another custom rifle for grandpa!

Good looking gun. Just curious, if he is that big of a guy, then why did you put a muzzlebreak on a .270?

like red neck said to accomidate unique physical limitations and the other reason is just because i could and thought it would make it look kinda cool and different