On 3/4/2020 at 11:00 AM, Nickflag said:

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to get into hunting coyote. I live in northern Arizona in between flagstaff and parks. I was wondering how do I find where to hunt and how to make a good stand. Thanks 

Get wind in your face and start calling. Coyote pup distress works really well this time of year. A buddy of mine killed 2 yesterday on it. 

• Like 1

Bonus prizes for the big yotes wearing tracking collars...lol

JK

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/4/2020 at 11:00 AM, Nickflag said:

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to get into hunting coyote. I live in northern Arizona in between flagstaff and parks. I was wondering how do I find where to hunt and how to make a good stand. Thanks 

I live just west of Parks and I have a hard time calling up here. When I lived in the desert I called a lot and could kill 30 or 40 a year all with a shotgun. Up here I probably only kill one every 10 stands. I think its easy for the coyotes to get your wind before you see them through the trees. In the last 5 years up here I have called more bobcats and foxes than coyotes. 

• Like 1

Try to find a big open area up there so they can't get your wind as easy as they do in the trees before you see them like gunsmith2506 said.

6 hours ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

I live just west of Parks and I have a hard time calling up here. When I lived in the desert I called a lot and could kill 30 or 40 a year all with a shotgun. Up here I probably only kill one every 10 stands. I think its easy for the coyotes to get your wind before you see them through the trees. In the last 5 years up here I have called more bobcats and foxes than coyotes. 

Now is a good time to call in young dogs trying to learn how to be on their own.

Coyote hunting is a noble hobby but I think in your area prairie dogs might be more noble? That’s how it used to be anyways. The burrows break more legs than coyotes eat young in certain areas.

• Like 1

I like to find open areas facing a thick wash or canyon, as to get a clear shot once they emerge. Sit a few hundred yards out. Or get close by or in the wash or canyon and be ready with a shotgun as it will be a fast, close shot. Seems everything alive loves a thick wash or canyon.