Sign in to follow this  
Greenhorn

AZ Antelope luck!

IT looks like I was hit for $550 and I have a rifle antelope permit coming - likely 17A.  I created an account here over a decade ago, and remembered this place was heavy on the Arizona content.  If anybody can post up pics of bucks from 17A I'd love to see some past animals.  Since there's only 2 permits, id be just as amped up to see bucks taken in 17B either 18s and 19B. 

I'm looking forward to a long road trip and some antelope hunting this year.  Good luck to the rest of you in the draws.

• Like 1

Here are some bucks from that area. You’ll have to turn your head and cough to view..

FB70F2EF-3CA1-41D6-BDD9-A72CDEDF68F0.jpeg

4DE24CA7-4A5D-417C-B8F7-7F27E7A48BDB.jpeg

8DE97CF3-5C61-4633-9D62-1C608C252516.jpeg

82F87178-EF0E-40DB-8F11-30A56B08DD9A.jpeg

B51096BA-8A20-4127-BB48-65AEAD09EA0D.jpeg

0004F4A7-95A9-40D4-9CE4-417421E2AE49.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Congrats on the tag! Welcome back. Those other units aren't a direct comparison. Spend as much time scouting as you can.

Thanks for the photos. Those are real nice ones.  I suspect I'll be there well before the season to look around.  I suspect since all those other units border 17A, there could be some similar-type goats around.

Either gonna be hunting public access on the yavapai or paying the K4 to hunt.  Only two places in 17a with goats.

I've heard the goat habitat is limited to those places.  I doubt I'll pay a trespass fee as my budget barely covers the price of the permit and the gas.  What is the price of the K4 access?

greenhorn you aint going to find anything close to what you have killed, In Az especially non typical's  which you seem to dominate that department since your were like 16 years old.

Hope you and your family are doing will. you boys what about 25 now? Time flies

delw - long time!  I'm coming for a fun time - surprised to have drawn as the odd are terribly low.  I'm sure there's a couple decent bucks around.  Will really enjoy the new scenery.  My boy's 19 now.  He shot a pretty decent MT buck last fall up here.

tyler2019lope.jpg

• Like 2

nice lope

Long time for sure. I thought he was older than my daughter there the same age. Oh yeah theres a few I am sure. I know a few places in the 18 west sides and 19a that hold lopes we see them when yote hunting, should be going up a few times before the season this year if anything grabs my Attention I'll pm you.

good luck to you.

BTW you still doing those little hikes and getting beat by the chubby city girls up there LOL. those were some funny butt stories.

Del, those places you mention a quite a ways from where I'll be hunting.  But any Arizona antelope photos here would be certainly great to see here.  Last time I was down that way antelope hunting was almost 25 years ago in 19A.  I had a muzzleloader permit - man there were some big bucks around but more of a suburban/private land hunt than this one might be.  I applied for 5B first choice, but I'm assuming I drew 17A - I'm not that lucky.  - Will likely see official results soon...

13 hours ago, Greenhorn said:

Del, those places you mention a quite a ways from where I'll be hunting.  But any Arizona antelope photos here would be certainly great to see here.  Last time I was down that way antelope hunting was almost 25 years ago in 19A.  I had a muzzleloader permit - man there were some big bucks around but more of a suburban/private land hunt than this one might be.  I applied for 5B first choice, but I'm assuming I drew 17A - I'm not that lucky.  - Will likely see official results soon...

Well... What is it? Don't mind Del... He's stuck in '82.

• Like 1

Back in 82 I used to be able to throw pigskin a quarter mile..... how much you want to make a  bet I could throw a football over those mountains....

Edited by HyNoon
Auto correct sucks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HyNoon said:

Back in 82 I used to be able to throat pigskin a quarter mile..... how much you want to make a  bet I could throw a football over those mountains....

Why were you throating pigskin? For crying out loud there are kids trying to buy guns on this site. You can’t be talking like that...

• Haha 2

Congrats Greenhorn

So you are the one who drew Tag #2. Was scouting there today on the Yavapia , not much to see but my wife drew a few years ago and took a really nice buck that scored 82, we called him captain hook. She also took one in 19a that scored 88 5/8 net. Ill dig up some pictures and try and post. Since its just you and me lets keep in touch. There should be some really good bucks traveling back and forth from 18a,and 19b

Linda's Antelope 2.jpg

captian hook.jpg

Captian hook 3.jpg

• Like 4