Art20

Bull Elk hunt in November unit 3a & 3c - need ideas

Hey all - I was pulled for the bull elk hunt for November, unit 3a & 3c.  Does anyone know the area very well?  I heard it's tough since they're all tuckered out for the season.

This is my first ever so was wanting to land one if I can (just like everyone else, I guess).  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just now, buckmaster21 said:

A buck is deer a bull is an elk you shoot the wrong one you going to be in trouble

Guess I'll shoot an elk then since that's what my tag's for.  Never saw a deer off of hwy 260 area only elk.  Deers are smaller.

That wasn't my question, though, but thanks.

5 minutes ago, buckmaster21 said:

3a3c is prob one of the most sought out deer units south of the ditch just saying seen a lot of big deer in there on the archer bull hunts 

I've never seen deer when camping, only elk.  Was wondering if there were some better spots than others.

I'll just scout the area out over the next few months & see what I find.  Where in a are there elk?  I live off of concho & see nothing in the area.

On 3/5/2020 at 7:53 PM, wish2hunt said:

Good luck on your buck hunt. Start scouting early

Thanks, I will.  Will be doing it on my own so I just didn't feel like traveling the whole map area.

1 minute ago, Art20 said:

Thanks, I will.  I just wished I knew a good area.  Will be doing it on my own so I just didn't feel like traveling the whole map area.

That's hunting man have fun and lean a new area that's my favorite part 

• Like 1

welcome to the site.  Good luck man that’s a tough hunt.  Hope your ok with a raghorn.  

4 minutes ago, az300wby said:

welcome to the site.  Good luck man that’s a tough hunt.  Hope your ok with a raghorn.  

Guess I'll have to be.  I mostly want one for the meat this time of year.