Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Where Am I? What am I

I've found a couple dozen of those little Rock forts in 19a and 20a always assumed they were Indian ruins most we're littered with pottery and petroglyphs. Back before I could afford decent hunting equipment I did alot of hiking in those units.

I’ll PM my best recollection 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dse said:

I've found a couple dozen of those little Rock forts in 19a and 20a always assumed they were Indian ruins most we're littered with pottery and petroglyphs. Back before I could afford decent hunting equipment I did alot of hiking in those units.

Most are native American. But this one has gun portals the ancients would not have built. And it's built where Grief Trail and Crook Trail fork.

For example, there are two NA fortifications a short distance apart on the Agua Fria just north of Table Mesa known as South Fort and North Fort.

18 minutes ago, Edge said:

Most are native American. But this one has gun portals the ancients would not have built. And it's built where Grief Trail and Crook Trail fork.

For example, there are two NA fortifications a short distance apart on the Agua Fria just north of Table Mesa known as South Fort and North Fort.

Several of the ones I've found we're overlooking the Agua Fria

6 hours ago, cw4192 said:

Edge you read the book Al Seiber American scout, if not it’s interesting.

I have not but I'd love to.

5 hours ago, biglakejake said:

http://www.azbackcountryadventures.com/kh.htm

i have found many of these little breastworks all over se arizona but very few empty casings

Great read, thanks. Interesting about ammo... 60 rounds issued per trooper.

I recently purchased a 45'-70 and thought about the weight, carrying the gun, ammo and all the accoutrements a trooper required on horseback.

60 rounds of 45-70 was 6lbs alone!

If only she could talk....IMG_0185.JPG.f88ed8588a9fcdbbff7c05975f0940c5.thumb.jpeg.0898bb5bea91135ff26f476684262062.jpeg

45-70 cartridge beside the 5.560310201647.thumb.jpg.e6d254f1928a90c97d73dff739197535.jpg

• Like 2