Forgot about this thread... in the last couple of weeks, Ive seen a number of both Gambels and Blue quail family groups.. I saw three groups of blues in one day and all the chicks were half grown and could fly really good. Still seeing groups of Gambels out in the 36 units who are still toting around little cotton ball chicks.

I'm hoping these good monsoon rains are hitting all the right areas for my Mearns!!

The quail are doing really well in the 40 units also. And the Doves are really flying good so the dove season should be awesome this year!

A little off topic but we have Chukar running around our neighborhood with a nice brood. I have seen them occasionally the last few years in NE mesa, but these are real regulars the last year.

Saw the slam yesterday... the Gambels and Scalies both (saw 3 fam units) had full family covies that had seven to eight 3/4grown chicks, and the Mearns I saw yesterday were paired off and looking like they were getting ready to breed and nest!! Saw 2 pairs..

Where at in NE mesa. ill have to keep an eye out. I'm about as NE as you get. All I see are gambells but the ones by my house are pumpin them out this year. I saw a bunch of 'em no bigger than a quarter just the other day. They were litterally shorter than mommies legs

We did have three bunches of chicks at the office until a couple of roadrunners moved in. now we are down to about 6 young out of the 20-25 that we had. :angry: :angry: