Sign in to follow this  
Swivelhead

Guess what it is, how it's used and why .......

34 minutes ago, nateNAU said:

Here is no. 5 that I have found this year. Pick them up every year east of flagstaff while shed hunting. 

20200506_150352.jpg

That is a beefed up version of what I've found.  The antenna and battery pack are much larger on the units you've found.  Interestingly, the battery pack on the units I picked up were 8 AA's and what appreared to be heatsink material in the battery pack.  Suspect the batteries get too cold @ high altitude and succumb thus the heatsink.

My info is over 30 years old but then we used dry batteries. They were soaked in warm water then the moisture was squeezed out and a plastic wrap. Also, the instrument had a biodegradable parachute attached.

The Gooberment is dropping this litter all over our national forests and my trail cam is a problem, wtf.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

The Gooberment is dropping this litter all over our national forests and my trail cam is a problem, wtf.

Well, they say your is just for hunting, a recreational sport, theirs is for real science, they are trying to prove if terrestrial inbreeding causes Dems to have irrational thoughts, and ideas that make them make crazy decision like a Bernie or a Biden.  Now if you were doing this to get rid of Covid, your cams can be paid and sponsored by the Dept of Waste.

• Like 2