Sign in to follow this  
GameHauler

Online Apps

Guys,

I have brought this up before

and I just can not understand why you want an online App. process.

Yes, it makes life easier and yes, you do not have to put the money up front.

That is the problem :(

We, the members of this and other sites are more devoted to hunting

than those that do not think about hunting until some friend of a friend

says "Hey guys, lets put in for Deer, Elk, whatever, It will only cost us $7.50

and if we get drawn we can get away from the Wives and go drink beer and blast

away at something if we see it while driving down the road.

As long as there is not an online process you have a greater chance of drawing a tag.

Think about it.

Now we could have an online but lets pay for the tag upfront

to keep the riff-raff out of the draw.

:unsure: ??

my $.02

But if you check the numbers, applications do not go down. I think others think the same as you have outlined and think this is their chance to get a tag.

But if you check the numbers, applications do not go down. I think others think the same as you have outlined and think this is their chance to get a tag.

You may be right that others think chances are better like I do

buy that should only last a year or two

and then the HUNTERS (should?) have a better chance.

Yes Sir it hurts to put the money up front but with the increase

in permit #'s this may just help to keep the woods Safer

and with respectful hunters.

Pay by check with the money you stashed all year

or put it on a CC now or when they hit you for it

does not make a difference.

Unless you had just gone down and bought a new fridge,

maxed out your card and just lost the hunt of a lifetime

and lost all your bonus points.

I will pay up front

Paper applications and paying up front is just fine with me! If they do start a new online draw system, It would be nice to see people charged up front, but with the credit card laws I don't think they can do that and unless they find a loophole to do it. Such as paying for a voucher or temporary status or some such thing??????

Paper applications and paying up front is just fine with me! If they do start a new online draw system, It would be nice to see people charged up front, but with the credit card laws I don't think they can do that and unless they find a loophole to do it. Such as paying for a voucher or temporary status or some such thing??????

Good point on the CC laws.

I have not put in for other states,

What do they do?

New Mexico charges your CC or bank card when you are successful in the draw, and only the app fee at the time you apply. I am not sure about Colorado, the last time I applied there I sent in checks?

that is only a few of the last few changes that g-f has made that i support. it keeps only the honest hunters involved and does not allow peta to overwelm the draw with a touch from a keyboard!

New Mexico charges your CC or bank card when you are successful in the draw, and only the app fee at the time you apply. I am not sure about Colorado, the last time I applied there I sent in checks?

Thats the part I do not like.

It is just what AZ did and allows anyone to

apply without any monetary loose unless drawn.

Ok, $7.50 App Fee.

GF wants hunter recruitment.

The only ones who can recruit NEW hunters are OLD hunters.

PERIOD>

GF can do all the advertising and increased opportunities they want

but if there is not an educated hunter to steer a young hunters in the right direction

and offer him (her) a FUN time than they will not have recruitment.

Who wants to go to their favorite spot just to have some (I am going to catch He!! for this)

PUNK from the Valley who has never hunted before come riding up on a quad, (he barrowed)

see a Deer you have been working on for 2 hours and start blasting lead at it at 500 yards.

I am not saying that we should not find new hunters who did not grow up in a hunting lifestyle but that if we are going to bring up a new generation of hunters they should be ones that really want to hunt, not just put in because the friend of so-and-so who got to hunt one time because his friends so-in-so said "hey, lets put in since it will only cost us $7.50"

Online or paper does not make any difference!!!!

I have researched this for the last few years and accorrding to someone I know down there the numbers STAY the same year in and year out.

IMO- I prefer the online process.

You guys may want to consider a rule that says an applicant for a whitetail tag must possess optics that cost $1,000 or more. That should keep the riff-raff home.

Bill Quimby

Online or paper does not make any difference!!!!

I have researched this for the last few years and accorrding to someone I know down there the numbers STAY the same year in and year out.

IMO- I prefer the online process.

Count me in on this one. Online!

TJ

they've had far more problems with online app's than they have had with paper. several years ago they had to give out quite a few extra bighorn and i think some pronghorn and elk tags, because of a screw up with the computer outfit they were using in nevada. then they went to the hillbillies in tennessee for a couple years and it turned into a literal fiasco. i don't think they do the paper to be inconvenient. i think it's because of all the problems they've had with the online stuff. and it makes it real easy for uso and cabelas to apply a jillion or so folks for every hunt. look what happend with the cabelas app's this past winter. i for one, think that was a good thing. and it wouldn't have happened if they were able to apply online. there are a lot of folks who got tags that would have went to cabelas clients, that wouldn't have if that truck load of app's woulda made it on time. Lark.

You guys may want to consider a rule that says an applicant for a whitetail tag must possess optics that cost $1,000 or more. That should keep the riff-raff home.

Bill Quimby

Dang it Bill, my bino's only cost $750.00 and I can not afford a new pair so that would classify me as riff raff. ;)

Way to be Game Hauler. Now you've done it, you've opened a can of worms. Now you have offended people that think you are calling them less than a hunter (that's my favorite one). Now you've offended people who love the internet and don't have enough spit to seal an envelope. Now you've offended people that aren't able to save up all year (for whatever reason) to buy a tag.

Way to be.

Mike