wildwoody

Speed goat Wyoming

I burnt my 4 points in special draw. Got a 108 tag in Carbon county. Did not think I would get it since they cut tags there by 50% since last year. I am stoked! This will be my 6th trip there but first in a unit with better quality.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

10 minutes ago, azrcks said:

I burnt my 4 points in special draw. Got a 108 tag in Carbon county. Did not think I would get it since they cut tags there by 50% since last year. I am stoked! This will be my 6th trip there but first in a unit with better quality.

Curious how that goes for you!  I tried for the muzzy tag in 107 with 3 points and for turned down.  I drew 61 a few years back with 9 or 10 points and know I’ll never catch it again but am ok with that.  I think a guy can find a good buck in some of those fringe units.  Good luck with the tag and post back here on how you do!

On 5/29/2020 at 5:01 PM, 10Turkeys said:

If the season is from Sep 15-Oct 31, and the ranch that I would have access to, if drawn is in Unit 72, what would be the best time to go weather wise?

I hunted archery in 2011.  I was there Oct 1-3 and weather was beautiful.  Cool mornings and afternoon temps in 60's.  This worked out great because I was hunting out of a blind during a general rifle hunt.  The rut was going full bore and bucks were chasing does and other bucks around all day long.  The action was non-stop from sun-up to sun-down.  Never saw anything like it before in my life.  The guy I hunted with was from Wyoming and said the last week of September was the best time to hunt antelope in for rut action and limited number of hunters in the field.

Just building Wyoming points right now for deer, elk & antelope.  Plan to retire in next 3-6 years and I want to have some hunts to go on.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info knothead. I guess I'll have to remember this for next year, didn't get drawn.