Boarman03

Where's the Beef? Here! FS

2 hours ago, wildwoody said:

I used to help a couple processors, one was Browning processing , Jeremy infact,  everyone's animals were hanging (elk) usually 2 hooks, he would pull there ticket, I would start cutting off the hardened skin. He would start cutting cuts, then I would take the scraps to the grinder to to start doing charizo, sausage, and burger, washing the grinder after every item I mixed. Then I would package . Never had 2 different animals on the table at any time and never cross contaminated any meat. Then I would put it in the freezer on racks with tag numbers and cuts. Butchers charge hanging weight bone in. They don't care about finished wrapped weight.  I would think any processor that does mix burger and meat would be out of business after one season I would hope anyway.. My take anyway. Processors are just as anal as machinist 

I took a bison to a place in Tucson one time. Opened a pack of loin and found beef T-bones in the pack. No complaining and don’t want to mention the butcher since they do amazing on every other thing I’ve bought there! Since then, I’ve butchered all my own meat at home. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

With any luck it would be from one without nuts!!!

Whats wrong with nuts, what am I missing?

6 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Whats wrong with nuts, what am I missing?

Oh I’m sure he’ll be fine.  99% of the beef out there is either steers or cull heifers.  Obviously the world needs bulls but they usually do their thing until they’re too old and then get turned into McDonald’s burgers.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yotebuster said:

Oh I’m sure he’ll be fine.  99% of the beef out there is either steers or cull heifers.  Obviously the world needs bulls but they usually do their thing until they’re too old and then get turned into McDonald’s burgers.  

Little bit of duck butter never hurt a steak. Majority of wild game is male anyways.

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

2 yr old, , never had a Lady, tender roni

6 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Even with burger? 

Yup. Process one animal at a time start to finish. Clean the grinder, tables and knives in between plus a full scrub down midday. There is no reason to batch tons of burger. It sits in the room at the end of the table and the scraps go to the bin straight from the table. If you waited to run a huge batch you’d have to stop all of your other work and do nothing but grind. That’s not efficient.

So from the time that carcass comes out of the freezer it’s the only animal on the table until it is cut, boned, ground and wrapped. There isn’t even another animal in the room.

• Like 2