muledeerarea33?

Muzzy bullets for elk

3 hours ago, Titanium700 said:

2 yrs ago I killed a bull with my Rem700 .50 cal shooting 250 grain Barnes MZ bullets in front of 120Grains of Blackhorn 209 ignited by a CCI 209 primer 
coming out of muzzle at 2270 fps it hit the bull at 95 yds right behind the shoulder took out both lungs and he dropped like the carpet was pulled from under him. 
also as one suggested use the Barnes bullet starter to not mar the tip. 
works great. 
I found my bullet which looked like the one a few posts above under the hide on the opposite side. 

I remember you getting that tag. It was supposed to be mine haha!

I’m shooting an arrowhead 300gr xld with 115 gr of BH209 . I had arrowhead build me a custom muzzleloader. Thing is sweet.

• Like 1

Have any of you guys had luck with the powerbelt lines? I just ordered some 338 gr platinums to try out.

11 minutes ago, zackcarp said:

Have any of you guys had luck with the powerbelt lines? I just ordered some 338 gr platinums to try out.

Only heard bad things like poor penetration and excessive fracturing.

It's too bad cuz I have a bunch of them and they're easy to load.

295 powebelts , 100 grains of whatever. Pellets etc. As accurate as needed out 150 - 200. Yards. 

Very aerodynamic,  spins it like a top.

On 7/31/2020 at 9:56 AM, Titanium700 said:

Have you selected a bullet yet?

tested it?

curious what you might end up with in the end. 

The carnivore 250 grains are 1.5” at 100 yards with blackhorn charges from 90-110 grains. Barnes 290 grain were roughly 2” groups but I shot those with imr white hots. Hornady sst 250 grain were the same as the carnivore. I shot both at elevation this past weekend and grouping/poi didn’t change much at all. I’m content with 1.5” groups but would like to see better. Headed to sportsman’s tomorrow for more powder and primers, I’ll pry pick up a few different boxes of whatever bullets they have just to try. If the hunt was tomorrow I’d pry stick with the carnivore but carry the sst’s As a back up.

Well I think I’ve decided on a bullet. The Federal 270 grain bore lock. Shot the best out of everything I’ve tried so far. 4 out of 6 holes touching at 100 yards. I’ll get them on the chronograph next weekend and see how they do at 200 yards.

8 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Well I think I’ve decided on a bullet. The Federal 270 grain bore lock. Shot the best out of everything I’ve tried so far. 4 out of 6 holes touching at 100 yards. I’ll get them on the chronograph next weekend and see how they do at 200 yards.

I think I've decided on the same bullet out of my great plains hunter. Just over an inch at 100 with iron sights.

• Like 1