Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Where Am I?

FB_IMG_1595346492657.thumb.jpg.168ec8b8642244f7f6fcb4e565ea3e96.jpgWonder where that pack train of beer kegs will be headed to?

3 minutes ago, dusty said:

There's a story/ history on FB right now.AZ history

Always good to see history buffs on CWT.

27 minutes ago, Heat said:

Tucson

Yes, just north of the present day Convention Center. Interesting the beer gardens included a bull ring...

AZ History:

The entrance to one of the oldest breweries in Arizona (Park Brewery and Levin Park, Tucson, Arizona Territory circa 1880). The former property was located off of Pennington St. 

"What began as a brewery (Park Brewery) at the rear of the property of Alexander Levin grew into a beer garden, saloon, and billiard hall. By the end of the 1870s, the 3-acre Levin's Park included a bullring, shooting gallery, bowling alley, open dance pavilion, restaurant, and even a small theater where opera productions were held. By the mid-1880s, the "pleasure garden" had begun attracting undesirable guests, which, combined with the popularity of the larger Carrillo Gardens, forced its closure for public entertainment.

• Like 2

After scratching around the desert back then; being shot at, bit up and broiled, a visit to the 'Pleasure Garden' would be tough to resist.

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

i have a book called "arizona celebration of the grand canyon state" has lots of pics, just how i like my books. has this pic in it 

I thought you were going to say you have a pleasure garden...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I had a Pleasure Garden, couldn't keep that a secret.

• Like 1