Boarman03

FYI: Clearance prices on hunting rifles at Wally Land

Delw, don't read this! It's too much drama for you to handle.

FYI: witnessed really crazy prices on Savages and Remington's at a Wally Land.

You may want to check your nearby store.

Savage Axis in 22-250 was $124.99

Remington 11-87 Sportsman's in 20 gauge was $400.00

Remington 700 ADL in 223 with cheap 4x9x,40 scope mounted was $199.00

• Like 2

They began clearancing yesterday. I saw those rifles this morning at 7:00 am.😁

When the Savage axis was on clearance a month ago I had to make the guy scan one because he said nothing was on sale, then it scanned on sale and that's how he found out. I was told corporate sets the clearance price and they tell managers and the associates are clueless when it happens

• Like 1

Tried a local store. The scan supposedly showed the old clearance price. The department head has to mark them down, when he gets around to it. Keep checking!

The gun department manager in Tucson told me the Tucson stores got the new clearance prices on Wednesday, but he didn't drop the prices until Thursday at 3:00 pm. Then closed up at 5:00. A friend ( who wanted to remain anonymous) told me so I was there at 7:00 am. this morning. I could not believe what I saw. Roughly six rifles all discounted heavily.

I had my pick! Other people showed up while I was getting mine. By the time I left at 9:15 am, they were all spoken for. Evidently several people had seen the prices the night before.

I wanted to share this potential opportunity with the rest of you guys. I heard, I saw, I experienced, and I shared.

Best of luck, and good hunting?

Just picked up a scoped Remington 700 in .223 at the Marana Walmart. It was the last clearance gun in stock at that location. The clerk said they are not going to carry .223 rifles anymore. 
Thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 2

Evidently the Walmart at Gilbert Market Place had some, but they are gone now. I talked with the guy in the gun area.

1 hour ago, 40-year-AZ-hunter said:

I did find a Savage Axis in .223 with a Bushnell 4-12 scope for $199 but I sure dont need that scope.  If it had been just the rifle for $125 I'd have jumped on it.

Well it's a cheap round to buy. It's not a 1000 yard gun. 

26 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

Evidently the Walmart at Gilbert Market Place had some, but they are gone now. I talked with the guy in the gun area.

They were already gone when I stopped in around 11:30 this morning. No other Walmarts I know of in the Gilbert area carry firearms, at least the next three closest to me don't anyways.