Sign in to follow this  
andrewmilich

need arrow suggestions

Ok so I want to get some new arrows for an elk hunt I have coming up.  I will take time with what ever arrow I buy to sight in my bow and make needed adjustments.  Not looking to break the bank.  I am heading to Bass pro soon so ....  Ok here is my set up:

PSE Bow Madness #60 pounds

100gr montec broadheads (sharpened more by me) 

Current arrow Carbon Force HD Hunter by Pse 

• Straightness: +-.006
  • GPI: 7.5
  • Spine: .424
  • 2" Blazer Vanes
  • 28" arrow length

ok help me out.  Give me some suggestions please.   thinking about BlackOut X1 Pro Carbon Arrows - 2'' Blazer Vanes.    thoughts?

+1 gold tip hunter xt

I got some good groups running the az fletcher w right hand helical.

Fixed broad head tuned up perfect with blazer vanes

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Love full metal jackets, but costly..

My favorite arrow all time. It's the only setup I will shoot straight from the box. Switched my tune set up and never made it back to FmJ. Hard hitting paired with slik tricks. Deadly! Shooting 3ds had to buy a better value arrow.  

• Like 2

I like Full metal jackets as well. plus they dont bust up if you miss and hit dirt. but i'm a crappy shot with a bow.

Daughter loves gold tips accuracy wise your not going to find anything better for targets or animals. she uses grim reapers cut on contact 100 grain with them in her hunting bows. her target bows some fancy target tip. her hunting bow she has dialed in with the goldtips and shoots just as well as her target bows but her x count is a tad off on the hunting bow.

I think anymore all the hunting arrows are just as good as others, just gotta choose between metal ones and carbon ones.

• Like 1