Sign in to follow this  
rodrod19

SOLD - 22LR Ammo Dump

Perhaps the merit of this discussion should be moved to the Camp Fire and let his for sale add be just that. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jdown said:

I'll just say this is not a price issue but a hoarding concern   The supply chain works for all if some don't f it up by hoarding.  Ammo, tp, paper towels whatever. But it's a America and God bless anyone's right to f it up I guess.  Lots are doing it which causes others to do it and so on and so on.  Until you just can't go to the store and buy a 50rnd box of 22s anymore to take your kid shooting on your day off or have something to wipe your a$$ with besides a coffee filter.  Examples only, not that this may have happened to me or anything.   

So if you and I go buy a box every weekend, and you take your kid shooting while I put mine in a safe, I'm the horder?   

Not everyone can just go drop 5-600 on ammo at a time. Some go buy a small amount every check or when they have extra cash.  That has nothing to do with hording, it's being smart knowing it's going to dry up again soon.  And for some, it's their passion. There are people shooting near my home all the time. They have to stock up to keep their addiction satisfied.  

Some people learn from past experiences and some always complain about the same dam thing every time it happens.

• Like 1

Hey Rod, I guess the agreement you and I made last night for the 10 boxes of Federal doesn’t mean anything if someone else offers to buy it all the following day.  A heads up would have been nice instead of being blown off and reading about it in the classifieds. A mans word should mean something, yours apparently does not. 

1 hour ago, northAZarcher said:

So if you and I go buy a box every weekend, and you take your kid shooting while I put mine in a safe, I'm the horder?   

Not everyone can just go drop 5-600 on ammo at a time. Some go buy a small amount every check or when they have extra cash.  That has nothing to do with hording, it's being smart knowing it's going to dry up again soon.  And for some, it's their passion. There are people shooting near my home all the time. They have to stock up to keep their addiction satisfied.  

Some people learn from past experiences and some always complain about the same dam thing every time it happens.

I really don't know why I'm responding because I quit caring about 8 hours ago. Your argument is my point. The dry ups as you refer to them would not happen if we all didn't do exactly what you are saying.  I get being prepared and I'm not arguing with everyone don't it.  It has become a reality for all of us because everyone is doing it, thus screwing up the supply and thus causing the dry ups.  You literally just said exactly what I brought up.  I was simply sharing the crap this guy was starting to get had nothing to do with price but more about this type of stocking up is the cause of not being able to get ammo when you want it.  and now the factories are pumping out so much 22, 233, 9in etc, it may be a challenge to find your favorite hunting round this fall.   plus the quarterly 20 to 30% price jumps on top it don't forget.   Simply sharing a thought here about this. Holy bat shoot Batman.

With the Covid 19 and the riots more people bought guns and needed ammo out of fear. Those people added to the existing hunting surge to create a greater demand on some rounds after manufacturers had reduced production because of over abundance.

Over abundance = reduction

Covid 29 reduced employees and production= reduction

Covid 19 fears = increased demand

Riot fears = increased demand

Greater demand during reduction = shortage

shortage = higher prices

Yet there are some rounds, like the 50 BMG, that are becoming more abundant. Less demand.

It's a fun game. Buy low, avoid needs when high.

Commodities go through it.

Businesses go through it.

Housing goes through it.

Stock market goes through it.

Everything has its cycle. Learn the cycle and be prepared.

Don't learn, whine, and pay the price.

History 101, Economics 101

And don't even start on what's fair and what's not fair.