Sign in to follow this  
bojangles

Lee’s ferry trip

Took my son out for a little guys time for his 13th birthday.  We got a backhaul to Glen Canyon dam, and paddled back to Lee’s ferry.  The water was pretty tame, but it is super cold.  You could get in trouble with the wind if you weren’t careful, especially in a canoe or a boat that could capsize.  The views were stunning.  We caught a few fish, but I found it difficult to fish out of a canoe in such swift current.  Next time I’ll bring waders and fish more from the shore.  It was under a heat advisory, and the ground was so hot I couldn’t sleep.  One we got on the water it was ok.  Good times.

• Like 6

Awesome video! Definitely want go do this one of these days. I’ve heard that the water if frigid cold, and wow the ground was that hot? Good to know

• Like 1

Cool Stuff. Absolutely Stunning!......................BOB!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vowell said:

Awesome video! Definitely want go do this one of these days. I’ve heard that the water if frigid cold, and wow the ground was that hot? Good to know

Yeah, fresh water was a must.  A cot would be nice to keep you off the ground,  but that’s a lot to haul up there.  The guy in camp next to me got so hot he slept in his raft.  But then he got cold...lol no win situation.