Sign in to follow this  
Azdesertrat

Answered. Thx guys

What you you have In the shotgun dept.?

some times my lawn mowers backfires and it sounds like  A lot like a 20ga shooting buck shot. 😉

• Like 1

Bow shooting distance is same as gun shooting distance now. 1/4 mile from occupied structure, house barn etc. Unless you have permission. I wouldn't hesitate using a bow if protecting animals or property.

If it’s wild animals attacking you or live stock then legally you can shoot the animal regardless of location. If it’s a neighbor hood pack of dogs AZ 3-1311 I believe is what your looking for. I hate hearing about dogs being killed but sometimes it needs to happen.

Thanks for the statute. Sounds like I need to buy a goat or something to qualify for the livestock provision as chickens are poultry per 3-1201 and domestic dogs aren’t protected apparently. 

From 20/21 trapping regs. Read other restrictions re distances from houses, etc

Where can I trap with foothold traps?
Foothold traps may not be used on public land. This includes all federal 
land, regardless of agency, state land, county land and any land owned by 
any municipality. The only land where foothold traps may be lawfully used 
is private land. If an individual wishes to trap on any land other than private 
land they must use a confinement trap.

yeah you need to be descrete about posts like this especially in Tucson area.

heres the problem with Archery and killing yotes in city limits ,were firearms arent allow or just where you have neighbors no matter how far away they are.

the 1st problem its f'n tucson area way too many animal lovers in that area, once they see and arrow sticking in a yote or a big hole they will do a door to door search until the person is found. Animal lovers suck and Tucson area has the most.

if you use archery for yotes in populated areas the best thing to use is the rubber thumpers, they wont stick in the yote one bit, but will cause internal bleeding if you hit them in the last couple of ribs. they work great and you leave no evidence ;)  a arrow with a broad head 9x out of 10 wont drop them in there tracks, they'll run off in a neighbors yard and die usually its some tree huggers yard.

personally I like to see yotes, coons and other wildlife in the neighborhoods, but I also am the type of person who understands if I have a cat dog chicken ect that I am baiting predators so wont do anything about it. just chuck it up to a lesson learned. get a bigger dog ankle biters are better bait than than anything else.

• Like 2