COOSEFAN

Leave it up to me.......

I walked around this tank once and it wasn't until I took another look at it that I saw something just wasn't right........... :huh:

bonefish.jpg

I found three sheds at a tank just into the edge of the water about three years ago in 6a. It was a tank that no longer had a road going to it, and is very hard to find. I am going to check it out again this year and put a camera on it also. Show us the prize Jimmy. David

Well did you get muddy or what? WTF bro, why you gotta be such a teaze?

Well did you get muddy or what? WTF bro, why you gotta be such a teaze?

:lol: :P I did get muddy, and it's just a rag so I wasn't tryin' to tease anyone with it! I will say that for some reason that antler smelled like a decomposing sewer rat!!! We had it in the back of the truck for a couple miles and had to throw it out, you could smell it in the cab! Does make ya wonder how many more are layin' in the bottom of a tank........not that it matters when they smell like that :blink:

bonefish1.jpg

HA!!!! :lol: Anytime you find one in the water they're always that smelly. First one I ever found dripped on my back and it took a few minutes to figure out what the heck that smell was till I realized it was coming out of the antler onto my backpack. Way gross!!!

I need to post a pic of a coues skull I pulled out of a creek one time. It stunk too, but not bad enough. I think Grong has seen it before.

I had a similar experience as josh with the first shed that I found stuck in a tank. Strapped it to my frame pack thinking that the small would go away but instead it soaked into my pack, shirt, and skin and I stunk for a few days. I won't take a shed out of a tank anymore unless it is a monster.

What makes them stink so bad? Is it the pond slime or decomposing bone? Just curious.

The only time I have ever found anything like that was in unit 31 I think. We found a dead bear in the creek bottom that stunk so bad we couldn't get within 20 feet, my buddy wanted the skull. We told a G&F officer about it and he knew it was there and said we could have it,

but it was just to rank to get close.