Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Micro Arrows

2 hours ago, AllBoutHuntn said:

How are the VAP arrows holding up? Do you still like the switch? Any feedback or opinions on them?

They for sure break if you shoot them into rocks or block walls. That’s my fault cause I am a crappy archer. I haven’t used them on an animal yet because I am bad at hunting. But they fly well and penetrate good in a target.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatlander said:

They for sure break if you shoot them into rocks or block walls. That’s my fault cause I am a crappy archer. I haven’t used them on an animal yet because I am bad at hunting. But they fly well and penetrate good in a target.

Did you buy the tko elites? I was looking at those and the gamers to switch up my arrows. 

2 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Have you shot groups with Broadheads yet?

Reason I ask is my daughter shot some super thin hunting arrows , once she put the broad heads on they went to crap. with field tips at 50 yards she could wack the back of an arrow , with the broad head she was lucky to get 4" groups. she use's cut on contact grim reapers as do I ,  she went back to her older slightly bigger arrows and groups went back to the tight with the broadheads.

Her target bow shes uses those  micro target arrows x10's and she can robin hood them all day.

I suck so I let her test everything for me.

4 minutes ago, Delw said:

Her target bow shes uses those  micro target arrows x10's and she can robin hood them all day.

Funny all the target guys I know like to shoot big fat arrows to break lines and get x’s better. I always felt I was at a disadvantage shooting my hunting arrows in league with them. 

this was her set-up for outdoor and indoor at 16 and her collection of bows(one laying down is mine) she bought all of them, then got a few more a year later from a sponsor of hers. she quite shooting just before she went into the USMC, and is starting again this year. I got more of her bow crap laying around its ridiculous, She did take one of her target bows and her hunting bow back to Camp pendalton 3 months ago.  Hope she keeps it going cause she was really good in it and was a blast to shoot with even though I sucked 3 months after she learned to shoot. Sure do miss going to those vegas shoots fun times.

the target you can see how big of a hole those fatties leave, they were the biggest allow in regulation indoor. the skinny x10s were like .140 dia I forget the specs, I think tahts a x10 in the 1st pic

IMG_0903a.jpg

IMG_1678a.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

3 hours ago, Delw said:

Have you shot groups with Broadheads yet?

Bloodsport Hybrids shot just fine 

• Like 1

This buck was quartering to me at 40 yards. The shot hit him low, right on the elbow joint. The arrow deflected to the right and I still got a pass through. Broadhead was a 100gr ram cat and the arrow was a VAP TKO. All components held together great. Sounded like I hit a rock when it impacted the elbow. 
The blood trail lead me to a bonus.

F276E630-84F3-41EC-A3F9-5D586F50B81A.jpeg

• Like 1

V-Force Gamers with Exodus 125’s went right through my coozer (including off side shoulder blade) at 90+ yds and only started at 255fps. 
I may try a skinnier setup  for penetration if I get another elk tag, but will stick with same gpi because I’ve tweaked for the best flight/momentum out of my rig.

B0A7B631-65CF-4EB6-9BAE-97938DDCA946.jpeg

AFDCCCE3-510A-46F6-B7D1-899086820B73.jpeg