Sign in to follow this  
SwampMafia

Bull shot... what happened??

3 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Huge congrats! So what would you say the issue was? Broadhead sharpness or no? 

We would love to see some pics of the headgear.

PSSST

I'd say the broadhead worked exactly like it should have, the elk was dead in 200 yards of were it was shot. They just couldnt find it.  I thik alot of people assume the animal is a long way away when it takes off and they dont concentrate on areas where the shot it, Ive done it it sucks and its embaressing. Shot a real nice muley in the bab one year. wife was the 1st one up to it, it got up and ran. buddy found it the very next year hunting in the same spot not more than 50 yards from where I shot it. it jumped off a freaking cliff and was laying in the top of a scrub oak.

• Wow! 1

On 9/26/2020 at 10:25 PM, Delw said:

PSSST

I'd say the broadhead worked exactly like it should have, the elk was dead in 200 yards of were it was shot. They just couldnt find it.  I thik alot of people assume the animal is a long way away when it takes off and they dont concentrate on areas where the shot it, Ive done it it sucks and its embaressing. Shot a real nice muley in the bab one year. wife was the 1st one up to it, it got up and ran. buddy found it the very next year hunting in the same spot not more than 50 yards from where I shot it. it jumped off a freaking cliff and was laying in the top of a scrub oak.

50 yards? How did you not find it 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

50 yards? How did you not find it 

we saw him goto the edge then hang a left. we assumed he went down the other side in some timber. If I remember correctly I looked over the edge and said well he didnt go that way its a huge butt cliff then walked it to the left.

My buddy a year later on the next hunt was glassing sitting on a rock the far hillside I was as well. he looked down and said " Theres white bones and a rack in that tree at the bottom of the cliff" I looked saw some white then we hiked  down. I didnt think it could be the same one didnt even give it a second thought until I saw the Rack. The Warden confirmed it when we got it back to prescott a week later.

add'd map pic

If I remember correctly it was right here, I shot him just below the ridge. were almost sure we got pics of him days before the season opened. I still have over 30 rolls of film to get developed (hehe since 1992). or hes on vid which I have tons of old VCR tapes. we went through all the 8mm stuff and he wasnt on there that took about 2 years

spot1.jpg

4 minutes ago, Big or Bust said:

Mule deer we taking now? Not elk..

Was gonna say that's an interesting elk location ...grin ..

yeah mine was a muley, I lost.

but did see elk with in 30-40 miles of that location way back in the late 80's close to the park.

On 9/26/2020 at 10:25 PM, Delw said:

PSSST

I remember hearing this story a while ago.  Crazy.