Sign in to follow this  
regisranger

WTB 14' UTV trailer

Hey!

I'm in the market for a UTV/ utility trailer. Need it to be 14' long tandem axle with brakes. Would be interested to see what is out there. Not in a big rush to find one but looking for a solid rig. Would like to have one before the early Kaibab hunt.

Thanks!

Look up lamar trailers. Had one shipped to my house and was way cheaper than everyone in valley

• Like 1

Son, buddy and I each  bought a rockkand trailer this summer.  Best trailer for the $ I could find and considering used market feel was money ahead buying new.  Radials, recessed LEDs, heavier built than some of the rest   nice option for spare too   good folks to deal with as well  

Good luck

• Like 1

PJ trailer is literally the best trailer for the money. All these guys saying Rockland is the best...no. They are angle steel trailers. Cheap as they come.  PJ are Channel, way the heck stronger and angle. Not even a comparison. I drove to Amarillo and bought one cheaper than rockland, 3 times the trailer. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, azdbllung said:

PJ trailer is literally the best trailer for the money. All these guys saying Rockland is the best...no. They are angle steel trailers. Cheap as they come.  PJ are Channel, way the heck stronger and angle. Not even a comparison. I drove to Amarillo and bought one cheaper than rockland, 3 times the trailer. 

When they say better , I hear cheaper 

• Like 1

Sounds like you are hoping to buy used. Lots of folks out there selling their trailers don’t know what they are worth. That can work for you or against you if you don’t educate yourself. Think about what you’re going to use it for and then think about what else you could use it for. The more versatile a trailer the better, for ownership and resale. For example, A car hauler will certainly carry your utv but the utility trailer will not necessarily carry a car or truck. You can often find someone selling a 10,000 pound GVW trailer priced like the 7000 pound GVW trailers that are most car haulers. You can see that by looking at how many wheel lugs are on the rim. Five (3500# axle) versus six (5000# axle) in my example.
My other tip is know your budget and have cash on hand. Good deals don’t last long, if you see an ad go up at 7pm, try to get there that night.  
I recently told a guy I was on my way and texted a pic of the cash so he knew I was serious. He actually cancelled other appts as he knew I was not kicking tires. My buddy bought a PJ dump trailer from a guy that didn’t know what he had and my pal recognized the faded upside down triangle sticker as their logo and got it for $2500 (a $5-7k trailer).

Echoing PJ, they are the highest quality trailer I have seen, I’d buy any PJ with confidence. They will be a little heavier than other trailers but that’s just because they use more material. They sell and resell for a premium. 
Personally, I would not make the 24 hour round trip to Amarillo and unless I was pheasant hunting to in Kansas too.

You can also get a good deal if they need a new floor Or need new wiring, these are pretty easy jobs. I have done 3 trailer floors myself.

I saw that Lamar markets to hunters on their website. I like companies that don’t shy away from us sportsman.

pm me if you want to chat more

good luck and have fun!

• Like 2

Yes jump on something quick if its a good deal. I have a PJ 20' car hauler that I got for a smoking deal, It added the stuff I wanted and wont ever sell it.I also have a  16'x77'' 1991 Big Tex that is built really well. I bought it to flip. I also have/had a few military trailers. I like trailers 😅

• Like 3

Thanks for all the input guys! I will definitely look into your recommendations! I appreciate all the info @HorseHunter provided! I am decently familiar with trailers. I have 3 right now but am selling my small utility trailer. I have a 12 footer that I use right now for my ranger but would like something a little longer to fit an Atv as well. My 12 footer is a jumping jack trailer and it’s a pain to load and unload a ranger off a deck that high. I think right now my mindset was on a used trailer as it might be a temporary solution. I Have a kaibab hunt and a Colorado hunt and really don’t want to haul the jumping jack to Colorado.  

Thanks guys!

• Like 1