RoughCut

I found out when Draw Results will be available!!

Clay,

I think you just wished that December tag away.

RR

I never even try for dec anymore. 20 tags that is a joke. What unit did you apply for?

Clay,

2 of us put in for 33 & 36C December, as the friend only wants a December tag.

Like you, Im not pleased with the Dec reduction, but someone has to draw those 20 tags. So why not make it a first choice?

Good luck when the results are finally posted.

Doug

Clay,

2 of us put in for 33 & 36C December, as the friend only wants a December tag.

Like you, Im not pleased with the Dec reduction, but someone has to draw those 20 tags. So why not make it a first choice?

Good luck when the results are finally posted.

Doug

Good luck to you too.

Ok, Before you guys come to castrate me, I already said he was right last year so I don't really have a reason not to believe him. He doesn't go into details because he really isn't supposed to talk about it. Maybe that is the date they are shooting for if all goes as planned. Don't know. For you skeptics just take it as another yayhoo posting his guess, you don't have to get all worked up about it.

Ok, Before you guys come to castrate me, I already said he was right last year so I don't really have a reason not to believe him. He doesn't go into details because he really isn't supposed to talk about it. Maybe that is the date they are shooting for if all goes as planned. Don't know. For you skeptics just take it as another yayhoo posting his guess, you don't have to get all worked up about it.

Thanks for the post. At this point any information is better than no information. And I don’t think anyone thinks your WM friend is wrong. I think they want him to be wrong. This is the hardest time of the year. The not knowing. The anticipation. The hopes. The dreams. The only time of the year that is worse is when that dang recording says “You were NOT drawn for…deer.” After hearing that, we’d all love to go back to the not knowing/anticipation/hopes/dreams stage.

My personal draw result theory (and each of us has one) is that the G&F wants to under promise and over deliver because if they ever do the opposite it will be like the Night of the Living Dead outside of the G&F office as hunters from around the state converge with pitchforks and torches demanding to know if they were drawn.

I was hoping that they’d announce earlier than the 7/22 but unfortunately even a 7/22 date fits my theory because the regs promise that tags will be mailed out by 8/22 (although they also promise that archery tags will be mailed out earlier).

I hate this time of year. :angry:

I'm one that hopes your WM buddy is wrong :D like everyone else, I can't wait to find out the results....my life revolves around those dam results :(

I also appreciate you Mr. RoughCut for sharin' what you have heard....whether it's accurate or not, you never said it was a fact and you gave your reasoning for believing it. Nothing wrong with that ;)

Your post just brought up recent memories for me when I was told draw info from deep within the Dept. and it wasn't even close to accurate.....and I felt it had to be true because of the source, but instead it made me look like a fool <_<

Thanks for sharin' your what you heard.....again, I do hope it's earlier! ;)

Some thing that has had me wondering is why it is still taking untill the second or third week of July to complete the draw? When the elk and antelope were all included in the same draw the results were always available by about the second or third week of July. You would think that the results would be available at least a few weeks earlier since there is so much less data to process. :huh: Just a thought.

-Tracy

Some thing that has had me wondering is why it is still taking untill the second or third week of July to complete the draw? When the elk and antelope were all included in the same draw the results were always available by about the second or third week of July. You would think that the results would be available at least a few weeks earlier since there is so much less data to process. :huh: Just a thought.

-Tracy

I completley agree, I never understood why it takes so long. Heck once the have the appls logged in the database it probably takes 10 seconds to spit out the results. Even when we were doing online Apps, it should have been much sooner than it was.

I bet interest is accrued daily, or does it really matter.

I bet interest is accrued daily, or does it really matter.

<_< Hmmm....

Very good point Kgaines but if the goal was to hold on to our money to gain interest then the only thing that should be affected would be the date of refunds being mailed out. Then again how would they justify mailing out refund checks in August if the draw was over the last week of June. <_< Who knows! It is what it is I guess. :blink:

-Tracy

Pulled up the GFD webpage today and the header of the page now says 2008 fall draw. Results are not posted yet but I am guessing sooner rather than later. Would be nice if it was today. Does anyone remember what time they posted the Elk results. I think it was midday.

Pulled up the GFD webpage today and the header of the page now says 2008 fall draw. Results are not posted yet but I am guessing sooner rather than later. Would be nice if it was today. Does anyone remember what time they posted the Elk results. I think it was midday.

I dont see it :blink: Whas it the home page or big game draw page???

Is this what you saw

Fall 2008 Draw Information

The deadline for the submission of hunt permit-tag applications for fall 2008 hunts for deer, turkey, javelina, bighorn sheep and buffalo was June 10, 2008. Draw results for the 2008 fall draw are not yet available. Check back to this web site for updated information.

I dont see it :blink: Whas it the home page or big game draw page???

Is this what you saw

Fall 2008 Draw Information

The deadline for the submission of hunt permit-tag applications for fall 2008 hunts for deer, turkey, javelina, bighorn sheep and buffalo was June 10, 2008. Draw results for the 2008 fall draw are not yet available. Check back to this web site for updated information.

Nope....click on the drawing results page to enter your sportsman ID and birthdate. In the upper left hand corner it is listed there.

Well,its friday nite ,9:45,you would think a grown man would have more to do than torture himself this way,i did just call the draw hotline(done it 4 times already today).I got a different answer,before i was getting right thru and was getting the antelope ,elk results........this time i punched in all my info and the recording said they were having technical difficulties and to call back during business hours.I think this happens when they they are downloading ,hope to find out soon,am going nuts.good luck to all in the draw.

I am training myself not to get so worked up over draw results, past years it has really driven me nuts. Why? I have no clue.

Now come on G&F get that draw done pronto........................ :lol: