Sign in to follow this  
stanley

Cow Bison Skull - Euro Mount

Sean's son (Draysen) once again did some AMAZING work!!!  Kudos on a job well done!   (He is also a pretty cool young man, respectful with a firm handshake!  Being raised right, I believe! ;) )

So happy with the way it turned-out.

S.

BIG head!!!!!  Chair is not it's final resting place.  Ordering a hook/hanger for the wall. ;)

2020 Bison Skull.jpg

Here is a link to a pic from the field.  -->  

• Like 11

Looks great!  Be prepared for all the people  who will ask why you have a cow skull on your wall... I put my horns on the actual mount, so the horn cores are white on my skull.  Have the skull at work, the mount at home.  Best of both worlds.  Enjoy the table fare, bison is great stuff, sometimes a little bit tough though.  I use the tenderizer with the needles on most of my steaks and they turn out great.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Looks great!  Be prepared for all the people  who will ask why you have a cow skull on your wall... I put my horns on the actual mount, so the horn cores are white on my skull.  Have the skull at work, the mount at home.  Best of both worlds.  Enjoy the table fare, bison is great stuff, sometimes a little bit tough though.  I use the tenderizer with the needles on most of my steaks and they turn out great.

10-4 on the table fare!!  Been experimenting and enjoying. 

Also point taken on the potential "cow skull" comments! 😂  I'm having a rug done with the hide, which I'm planning on displaying in close proximity to the skull.  Hopefully folks will connect the two dots on their own. (Plus, virtually anyone I let in my house already has heard the story of my bison hunt several times! ;) )

S.

That's freaking awesome. Wish that skull graced my wall.

Great job hunter and taxidermist.

• Like 2

Solid indeed, Hector!  And NO turquoise!!!  My buddy's wife also joined us on the hunt.  She is a bit of an artist, and said she would love to paint a scene on it.  I'm sticking with classic clean bleached-white! ;)