Sign in to follow this  
Eagle Eye

Question

I put in for Achery Kiabab first choice and i didn't get drawn for it, but there are 53 leftover tags... I got drawn for my second choice though, so i am still happy, but what the heck?!?!

You probably drew 2nd choice in the 20% max point pool, but were not in the 20% group for your first choice.

I don't know I drew this hunt in the max point pool with only three pts.

I just picture those guys down there sitting in front of a big barrel pickin out names and saying "heck lets give this guy this tag . . . nah put him in this one ha ha ha that would be cool" :lol:

Never "makes sense" what happens down there sometimes. . . . bonus points = shmonus points.

Same thing happened to me last spring with the javelina draw. I drew my second choice when there were left over tags for my first choice. :huh: I sent an email to all the commissioners and recieved a phone call from one, commissioner Micheal Golighty. He explained to me that it was due to the 20% bonus pool draw.

-Tracy

It could be that there were people drawn, but their checks bounced so their tags are up for leftover now. That happened a few years ago when I applied for a turkey tag, and my first choice hunt had left over tags, that was G&F explanation when I called and asked them why the heck I didn't get it the first go around.

You probably drew 2nd choice in the 20% max point pool, but were not in the 20% group for your first choice.

I doubt he has many points.