Sign in to follow this  
skyhawkbowhunter

Leftover Switch

My uncle got turned down fpr deer and is going to try to get leftover tag for 36b. Could i send in a application to get that same tag even though i already have a tag as long as i shoot one deer.And if i could how do send in a application to recieve the tag. Do i send in a regular application form with the hunt# like im putting in for a hunt

there is a forum called "hunt swap". I've never been able to confirm if you can do it, but you may be able to swap a tag for a tag with someone.

Negative on both accounts.

the hunt swap is pretty much Person A. takes person B on a quail hunt... Person B takes person A on a rabbit hunt.

I think to an immedaite family member or to a group such as Hunt of a Lifetime is the only way to transfer a tag in Arizona, but I don't think there is a way to trade tags. If that was the case there would be a lot of Kaibab tags on ebay to be traded, with cash considerations.

I dont think he is asking if he can give his tag away or trade it back. but rather use one. I dont think so but honestly i dont see the differnce in gettin the left over and hunting it yet still only taking one deer. It seems the issue should be the same as having an archery otc tag and having a rifle draw tag but still only taking one deer. yet you cannot double dip on applications either so i really doubt it. Call AZGFD headquarters and ask.

I think to an immedaite family member or to a group such as Hunt of a Lifetime is the only way to transfer a tag in Arizona, but I don't think there is a way to trade tags. If that was the case there would be a lot of Kaibab tags on ebay to be traded, with cash considerations.

I have never thought of it that way! Some people could make HUGE amounts of money "trading" them on Ebay!!

I am not 100% sure, but I think you can only transfer it to a youth or maybe a youth family member.

Negative Ghostrider the pattern is full. you used to be able to get 2 tags in a year back in the day but nowadays with all the opportunity being handed out its only 1. it wouldn't be fair to all the people who didn't get drawn and wanted 1 of those leftover tags if you took another tag and wasted the 1 you got.

Even with the super raffle, think if the winner of the Mule deer or Elk tag put it on ebay or had an auction company sell it, it would be a huge issue. Conservation groups auction or raffle tags to directly benefit the animals, selling or trading would somehow be wrong. Years ago you could have a leftover tag after the draw and were able to take two deer, but since there are no longer any leftover tags "unwanted according to AZGFD" they will consider leftpver tags as opportunities to those not drawn and will only allow them to those people. If they keep adding oct. and nov. tags and taking away dec. tags statewide there will be leftover tags, because the road hunter types will not be able to afford the southern oct. hunts, gas money will bankrupt them and they will have almost zero success, so they will complain about the hunts and say their opportunity sucked.

Call the Game and Fish and get the answer straight from the horse's mouth.......

Redman

If there are any tags left over after the left over tags, can you get another deer tag. Did they do away with that all together? I shot a couple deer back when that was available.

TJ

If there are any tags left over after the left over tags, can you could get another deer tag. Did they do away with that all together? I shot a couple deer back when that was available.

TJ

yeah, they changed that a while back TJ.if you look it up in the regs it says 1 per calender year now with the 1 exception being the big game raffle and auction tags.

If there are any tags left over after the left over tags, can you could get another deer tag. Did they do away with that all together? I shot a couple deer back when that was available.

TJ

yeah, they changed that a while back TJ.if you look it up in the regs it says 1 per calender year now with the 1 exception being the big game raffle and auction tags.

Yep. Wade is spot on.

I checked and found only one per calender year unless you have a special tag (governor's tag), and that does not count towards the yearly bag limit. Back in the day it used to say two per calender year as long as one was taken with one of the leftover tags, I bet the commission could ammend their rules at any time to authorize the sell of the leftover tags to those already in possession of a permit, and authorize the two deer for those individuals. Justr remember I said could and commission in the same sentence and I think the chances of that happening are slim to none.

http://www.azgfd.gov/pdfs/inside_azgfd/all_azgfd_laws.pdf