Sign in to follow this  
Sneaker

Sevr broadhead weight wrong

I ordered a new box of Sevrs for a recent hunt. 125 grain. When I get them in, all 7 of them weight within .2 or 2/10 of a grain of 120 grains... They sent me a long reply email when I told them this information saying that you can't have all three of 1. durability, 2. weight, and 3. function all of them time. You can only pick two and they have proudly picked durability and function and they cannot control the weight... I can't believe they are serious. I mean they succeeded in getting them all to within .2 grains of something, its just the wrong something haha. They just need to adjust their 125 grain manufacturing specs to get it to the right weight. Never had this issue with heads all being off by so much, and by the same amount. Obviously 5 grains doesn't equate to much until you get out to some good distance, but maybe they need to start marketing 120 grain heads instead?

with that many parts in those broad heads I would say they did a dang good job of getting them all the same. 

I wouldnt be worried about the 5 grains I would be worried if they varied in which they dont so your good. if it does bother you that much by some brass washers or weights.

37 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Does it even really matter? 

Yes and no. 

as for accuracy probably not.   But when you buy them you pay a premium as they are billed as  top tier high performance blah blah. And you can’t get them to weigh the same as the packaging 

6 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Yes and no. 

as for accuracy probably not.   But when you buy them you pay a premium as they are billed as  top tier high performance blah blah. And you can’t get them to weigh the same as the packaging 

its a 7 to 13 dollar broadhead thats a premium broadhead  LMAO

7 minutes ago, Delw said:

its a 7 to 13 dollar broadhead thats a premium broadhead  LMAO

Yes 13 per is a premium broadhead

I mean as far as manufacturing capability goes that is pretty poor. Not that 5 grains makes any difference in perfotmance. But for a company to say we arent good enough at manufacturing to produce a product with all three qualities so you get what you get is pretty crappy. But they are probably using a chinese manufacture so doesnt surprise me.