Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

What caliber should I buy?

I like a 270 as well ,thats what my wife shoots. She has taken an elk to javelina with it and she loves it. I've killed two deer with it and that dropped in their tracks. Very good caliber as well.  Grew up shooting a 270 at everything. Plenty of good options. I also have shoot deer and elk with a 30-06,  .308, and 6.5 CM..... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Delw said:

That would be something. I think the only thing I really want from Africa is a zebra and maybe a giraffe.

I have a Winchester pre64 in 270 , it kicks a tad bit harder than my browning lever action in 308, ive only shot it maybe 20-25 times in 30+ years never at game just paper. Dad had one also a pre 64 that he used for everything. especially hogs in Texas and whitetails in upstate NY and Texas. 

I want an elephant 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UggRedBilly said:

Yeah it's really great! I can shoot it all day, but with that ammo I got from you I dont wanna ruin that barrel!

Dude just posted a 300 wsm look at it 

Just now, azbirdhunter88 said:

I want an elephant 

I saw the one Mark at wildlife creations mounted for a local guy back in the late 90's, needed a forklift just to lift the hide I swear that hide was over a inch thick.

• Like 1

Just now, Delw said:

I saw the one Mark at wildlife creations mounted for a local guy back in the late 90's, needed a forklift just to lift the hide I swear that hide was over a inch thick.

I’m down 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UggRedBilly said:

Yeah it's really great! I can shoot it all day, but with that ammo I got from you I dont wanna ruin that barrel!

your not going to burn a .243 barrel out. Ive had mine since 90, shot prairie dogs every weekend with it thousands and thousands of rounds over the years and still to this day a tack driver.

• Like 2

Just now, 10Turkeys said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been more mention of a 6.5 Creedmor. Don't let this happen to you!

CCUIVUm.jpg

It will do the job also. Heck a .22 has killed a lot of stuff. 

10 minutes ago, 10Turkeys said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been more mention of a 6.5 Creedmor. Don't let this happen to you!

CCUIVUm.jpg

And I have read you have to wear a goofy hat to shoot one.

10498914_hi.jpeg

• Haha 2