bowhunter-tw

Will this affect my accuracy??

I was checking to make sure my loads would cycle and I could feel a kind of washboard vibration when feeding. This is on a browning x bolt hells canyon speed. The second picture are 168gr the first a 150. The 168gr have a secant ogive while the 150 is a tangent. The marks on the 168 are more substantial, can feel your fingernail catch on them when you run it across. Is this going to affect my accuracy or will it be negligible? Is there a way to remedy this? It looks to be from the ramp feeding into the chamber

90664D60-1C02-467E-9B42-8903BF464CE8.jpeg

DAE543DF-94CC-4EFF-B98D-A0939BD64573.jpeg

The fact is there are very few repeaters that don't do that. I think it will not affect accuracy. There's probably a sharp edge some where on the feed ramp or magazine. If you can find it, smooth it down. 

• Like 1

The magazine is their rotary mag, it doesnt contact the magazine around the bullet, I can see the spot it occurs. See picture, not sure what tool id use to get in there, it is cerakoted currently if that matters?

E4BE2F21-4A8D-4027-83ED-2752E5F30A16.jpeg

A popsicle stick with 400 grit wet or dry sand paper should smooth that down.

Given that your shooting those bullets I'm guessing that you aren't shooting past 500 yards.   The deformation on that bullet will be fine for distances under 500 yards.  

I would try to fix the issue though.    Shouldn't be real hard to correct.  

A typical long range bullet will have a high BC so that it will maintain down range velocity better than most bullets.    The lead tip bullet isn't one of the bullets that typically has a high BC.   The bullet can work great out to 500 yards and might be perfect for your application.