dcshorthairs

6.5CM 140 accubond success?

Been having great success with the 143 eldx hand loads and now want to see what an accubond will do out of the xbolt lr. After researching all over the interweb I see guys using h4350 or RL16 with the 140 accubond. Anyone have experience loading the accubond with a creed? Curious as to what powder/weight/primer selection worked best for you if so. 

Creed velocities are a little slow for bonded bullets in my opinion. I would lean more towards the ballistic tips from nosler if you want to shoot a nosler. You will give up some bc's to the eldx's but the ballistic tips are slightly tougher. If the eldx bullets group better then I say just stick with them. 

On 12/19/2020 at 12:09 AM, dcshorthairs said:

Been having great success with the 143 eldx hand loads and now want to see what an accubond will do out of the xbolt lr. After researching all over the interweb I see guys using h4350 or RL16 with the 140 accubond. Anyone have experience loading the accubond with a creed? Curious as to what powder/weight/primer selection worked best for you if so. 

What part of "been having great success with 143 ELDX's" are you struggling with?    Keep killing stuff.    Don't fix it if it isn't broken.   

• Like 1

Problem is u cant get eldx in your hands. I been trying forever now and have 3 outstanding orders all on backorder.  Im thinking of switching also.  

dcshort let me know what u come up with. I have a cool long range setup by me if u want to shoot once u dialed in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, recurveman said:

What part of "been having great success with 143 ELDX's" are you struggling with?    Keep killing stuff.    Don't fix it if it isn't broken.   

Yeah adicted hit it right on the head. 143 projectiles are almost impossible to get right now. 2 boxes on gun broker were going for almost $300. I’m looking to branch into something I’m hoping to get my hands on. I  can’t believe that the hornady is out of stock still. I was able to get some Sierra gamechangers. Dont know much about these but I know Sierra and I’m hoping they live up to their name. 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 2:27 PM, dcshorthairs said:

Yeah adicted hit it right on the head. 143 projectiles are almost impossible to get right now. 2 boxes on gun broker were going for almost $300. I’m looking to branch into something I’m hoping to get my hands on. I  can’t believe that the hornady is out of stock still. I was able to get some Sierra gamechangers. Dont know much about these but I know Sierra and I’m hoping they live up to their name. 

So this is an easy solution moving forward.   I always buy the number of projectiles that I'm going to need for the life of the barrel when buying a new barrel.   Not going to tell you how many bullets I have (that I bought years ago) for my 6.5 and .308.   This isn't limited to bullets either.   I buy enough primers, powder, bullets all at the same time once my load is established.   Then I don't have to worry about it until I get a new gun/barrel.  

I realize that doesn't solve your problem today but that is the solution moving forward.    Then everything matches too.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMACFIVE said:

We've had phenomenal results with Barnes 127 LRX's in various 6.5's. Including Bull Elk out to about 450 yards in a CM. 

Interesting. I know my dad likes them Barnes tsx bullets out of his 270. Were you able to get them to group well? What does this bullet act like upon entry? Is this a ballistic tip style bullet?

52 minutes ago, dcshorthairs said:

Interesting. I know my dad likes them Barnes tsx bullets out of his 270. Were you able to get them to group well? What does this bullet act like upon entry? Is this a ballistic tip style bullet?

The Long Range X bullet Is designed with a slightly better BC and designed top open down to 1600 fps (the TTSX is 1800 fps). Yes it’s tipped. 

my friends 6.5CMm shoots them at 2950fps into about a half inch with a 4ln 13oz Kinber Mtn Ascent. I have a new 6.5 PRC that is about 5/8” at 3150 fps but I’m still working on it. A 6.5x55 groups them sub 1/2” at 3025 fps. The PRC weights 6.25 labs bare...the heavy weight in the group  

This is a coyote with the 6.5x55 at 150 yds. They expand wonderfully but hold together well.  

The BC is slightly lower than the 140 AB but it expands at a lower velocity.  

E183517C-9D5D-4818-8EF9-4EB0BAEDB59B.jpeg

• Like 1