Sign in to follow this  
Brush Buster

Rocky Mnt. Bighorn Pictures

Great pictures and from the looks of it, you should be having a great hunt!

Good luck and am looking forward to seeing the pictures of one of those rams on the ground!

Looks like you are well on your way to tagging a real bruiser!

Good luck and be safe.

I look forward to your success pics.

Congratulations on drawing a great tag!! Those last two rams are real boomers. Good luck on putting a tag on a monster, you obviously know how to find them judging on the last two pictures.

Wish I had your tag :D

You are a lucky man. I would give about anything for a rocky tag over there. Good luck on the hunt. The last couple of rams are smokers.

You gotta tell us what it was like when you found out you drew! That is awesome!

Is your tag for 44/45 or 53? Beautiful country in both places......good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks for the word guys.

First off, I never thought I would ever draw a bighorn tag, I think this was only the second or third time applied. I just figured the odds were to tough and it was not worth the application fee every year to apply. Go's to show that someone has to get drawn so you might as well play the game if you want a chance at it.

It all started with an email the G&F sent me informing me that I drew. I thought it may have been a mistake or somthing so I did not get to excited. Then I called my CC company and sure enough my card was charged for the correct amount ($153.00). Got me thinking it might have been true? I still did not fully believe it until the next morning when I started getting calls from Outfitters wanting to book me. I later talked with the Bighorn biologist and he confirmed the good news. Anyway it is a very exciting thing that I hope every hunter can experince at some point.

It has been really fun talking with other hunters, outfitters, biologst, and sheep experts about Bighorns in general and Bighorns in the Pecos. I never really knew how crazy people got about theses animals until now. I have been enjoying the planning process very much and feel pretty confident on what to expect during the actual hunt. I am glad I decieded to go self guided, I realize I might be better off with an experieced sheep guide, but personally I think the hunt will be a little more rewarding no matter the outcome. Everything seams to be in place for now and I wish the next three weeks would hurry up!! I will take a lot of pictures and post them along with a story when it is all over.

I still did not fully believe it until the next morning when I started getting calls from Outfitters wanting to book me.

Is it normal for Outfitters to know that you got a tag BEFORE you call them??? :huh: Seems a little weird to me, but then again I have never had the pleasure of drawn a tag with such magnatude before!