Sign in to follow this  
Brush Buster

Rocky Mnt. Bighorn Pictures

I thought I would share some pictures of a recent scouting trip in northern NM.

Yes, I actually did draw my home state (NM) bighorn tag for 2008! I am going self guided with my own livestock. I will have a couple freinds along to help glass and wrangle.

Last week a friend and I rode horseback over 70 miles of the Pecos Highcountry. We got a good feel of the land and glassed as much as we could during the five day scouting trip. We were able to find 42 differnt rams with a few decent ones. Hopefully we can find a decent one during the hunt? Time will tell. The sheep were very gentle, but historicly they get very wise and hard to find about a week before the hunt starts.

The Pecos Wilderness is awesome! The tops of the highest peaks soar over 13,000 feet and a lot of the terrian is pretty rugged. Clear streams, and lakes are in most every basin. We saw a lot of elk too. Only 1 deer the whole trip? I will post some pictures in about a month, if I am lucky enough to get a ram.

packin.JPG

patch.JPG

threesomebeded.JPG

fourofakind.JPG

hignlonesomenap.JPG

Highlonesomelside.JPG

Holy Smokesl!!! You are truely a lucky dude!!!!! Great Tag and best of luck to you!! Looks like you have already found some dandy's!!! That first ram looks ancient... is that just the pic or was he an old monarch?? And that last ram.... Oh man!!! That is Beauty!!! Keep us posted!! Good Luck!!

that is awesome...congratulations!!! you are in for the hunt of a lifetime!! cant wait to get updates!! eric

I wish I was you!!! :(

Holy crap that last ram is a STUD!! I would cut off..... well, nevermind.. You got an AWESOME tag, my friend. Make the most of it and smoke a monster!!

WOW!!! Congratulations. Those are incredible pictures. Good luck and keep us posted! :P

PH

Beautiful pics of some great looking country and rams. Good luck on your hunt and make sure and keep us posted...looks to me you're off to a great start.

Phil