range finder

Lark, I pondered this question for awhile and ended up getting Leica's pinmaster rangefinder a few years ago. I paid something like $300.00 on line at Cabela's for it. In low light situations Bushnell's did not seem to pick up the animals for me. I also had bushnells side by side and the readings were quite a bit different than each other. I got to where it concerned me and didnt have 600.00 to spend, but the 300.00 was closer to what I paid years ago for the bushnell and I love the clarity/accuracy of Leica..............

thanks for all the info. my eyes are givin' out on me the and the ol' kentucky windage don't work like it did. if they are way out there, i useta shoot and see where the dust flew and adjust from there. the buck i shot last year, i thought was around 450. missed him a couple times and kept elevating and finally got him. ranged it the next day and it was 635. eyes just ain't what they useta be. the dr told me the other day that the only fix for my shoulder was total joint replacement. it's so bad that when i shoot a highpower rifle or a shotgun, it dislocates. heck, just walkin' around dislocates it. ain't no way i'm gonna get it cut on now, with a deer and bull elk tag later this year. it will still be so sore i'd hafta shoot lefthanded. that ain't a big deal usually, as i'm ampibious, but these stinkin' tags are so hard to get that i wanna make sure when the time comes, i can shoot. i'm gonna end up using my son's christensen .300 ultra. it has a super muzzle brake and there is very little recoil. and he has crosshairs out to almost a 1000 yards. usually i make them kinda shots over my shoulder lookin' at the sights with a mirror, but i'm gonna get serious this year. my boy has a leica range finder, but we may need to have 2 of em, because my middle son has a tag too. from what i see here, whatever brand a guy owns, seems to work fine for em. so i guess i'll get a good one and go from there. thanks again, Lark.

i can still hear real good. Lark.

Just keep shooting that 300RUM with the brake :blink: That'll fix your hearing to match the eyeballs. :huh:

The Swaro rangefinder has an aiming circle that is too large, IMO, but it is sharper and ranges further than the Leica 1200.

RR

you think i'm too iggernut to use ear plugs? one thing, it ain't a 7mm/08. Lark.

With your shooting skills and ability to place a shoot

Thats all you need.

Would you like me to have Linnea show ya how its done

there's some things a guy just don't do. i'll shoot a 7mm/08 after i vote for obammer and watch broke back mountain. they all 3 sorta belong together anyway...............Lark.

you think i'm too iggernut to use ear plugs? one thing, it ain't a 7mm/08. Lark.

With your shooting skills and ability to place a shoot

Thats all you need.

Would you like me to have Linnea show ya how its done

Mikem you spell about as well as Lark hears!

Cabelas has the Bushnell 1500 with ARC on sale for $299

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&hasJS=true

This is the range finder I have and it works great. The only problem with it is it's a little big. It's easy to use, ranges well out to 1100 yards and well past that on reflective surfaces. For those that like to shoot long range it will also calculate holdover based on your rounds ballistics. All you have to to is pick a round from their chart that come the closest to your, enter the code into the range finder and you're good to go - Range the target read the hold over and go.

I know it's already been said and Lark has probably already bought something, but Leica is the best out there IMO. I've owned the LRF 900 for years and loved it except I've got a "dead" trigger finger with no feeling so the button was hard to feel for me.......plus it had a wierd "sandwhich" shape to it. Still, the quality was exceptional so I went with the CRF 1200 a couple weeks ago. I looked very closely at the Swaro, but like has been said, the aiming circle is way too big at long distances.....how do you really know what the lazer hit??? PLUS, carrying that thing around is no different than carryin' a second or third pair of binos on ya! The Leica is the all-around best (for me) and is a lot eaier to carry and use. There's my $.02, good luck to you and your boys Lark! JIM>

Another vote for Leica. I just recently sold my Leupold RXIII, so I could purchase the Leica CRF 1200. What a positive difference when it comes to ranging objects/animals out past 400 yards.

Speed Goat