The mosquitos and nats are always bad during the Aug-Sep bow season. What does everyone else use to keep tham at bay? The last time I got drawn for archery elk I found some spray that had a earth cover scent. It seemed to work good but I can't seem to find it now. I have also tried the mesh netting over my face but I can't shoot my bow comfortably with it on. Does anyone have expierience with the therma cell stuff?

Usually I take a bath in vinegar the night before my hunt the bugs hate vinegar you should try it. :lol: :lol: :lol: I use 100% deet spray from wally world. That is the best. Then I cover with a net. Just keep the net on while you are practicing on your target. They say whatever you think you will use in the field while archery hunting use should use while you practice. Just my 2 cents.

you shoulda stayed serious and see if he tried it................that was purty good. back on the subject, if you build a good fire and let it burn down to good hot coals and then get downwind and take a whizz in it and let the vapors settle on ya, it really works good. and i've found that a couple cans o' beenie weenies will repel about anything. too. Lark.

you shoulda stayed serious and see if he tried it................that was purty good. back on the subject, if you build a good fire and let it burn down to good hot coals and then get downwind and take a whizz in it and let the vapors settle on ya, it really works good. and i've found that a couple cans o' beenie weenies will repel about anything. too. Lark.

:lol:

The mosquitos and nats are always bad during the Aug-Sep bow season. What does everyone else use to keep tham at bay? The last time I got drawn for archery elk I found some spray that had a earth cover scent. It seemed to work good but I can't seem to find it now. I have also tried the mesh netting over my face but I can't shoot my bow comfortably with it on. Does anyone have expierience with the therma cell stuff?

they have it at bass pro shop, i bought some a few days ago.

I can not remember the name of the product - hopefully someone on this site will - but there is a lotion (regular body lotion - not a bug repelent lotion) that Avon makes that has some chemical in it that keeps the bugs away. maybe someone will remember what it is and post it on here.

Mosquitos eat me up. You ever notice how some people never get bit, and others get welts all over their body? Do we just taste better to the squitos?

KP