Sign in to follow this  

anyone elk hunting now?

anybody buy a depredation tag? any news on how the first weekend went? we're gonna go see if we can find some. sorta hot to take care o' one. hafta get it by the road and get it on ice in a hurry. but i'm a helluva gutter and skinner. Lark.

I saw an elk hanging in Rusty's butcher shop in Springerville, killed in 4B. Maybe it was your Grandpa's. Heard that 2 were killed but can't comfirm. I have a 4B archery lope tag. This weekend I am scouting the northern portion of the unit and can shoot an elk if I see one. Good luck.

Kent

I saw an elk hanging in Rusty's butcher shop in Springerville, killed in 4B. Maybe it was your Grandpa's. Heard that 2 were killed but can't comfirm. I have a 4B archery lope tag. This weekend I am scouting the northern portion of the unit and can shoot an elk if I see one. Good luck.

Kent

G&F should have included a note for the 4b lope hunters, warning them of the thousands of otc elk hunters that will also be sharing the unit. i feel sorry for you but wish you the best of luck!!!!!

we saw some elk. my son had a chance on several cows, but passed. saw some fair bulls friday, but they were too fast and too wild. lots of hunters saturday. there are elk there, but they're wild and it's flat and thick. wind was gusty and hard to figure. we'll go back and i think he can get one. it's just hard to hunt. and hot. lots of road bombers. and quads. took my new ranger. we'd find tracks in early morning and i'd let em out and wait for em to call with their location and pick em up. the new ranger is really nice. talk about a smooth ride. i'm 6'3", my kid is 6'4" and my cousin is 6'10" and we had plenty of room for us all in the front seat. my kid said the middle seat got hot after awhile tho. sitting over the engine. Lark.

Went up sat and sun. I'm having no problem finding lopes out of the otc elk area, any time of day. It rained hard fri night and I found an area north of Hutch rd that had a ton of fresh elk and lope sign, but I never saw an animal. I walked a lot of that area and think I have an idea what they're doing. I'm headed back up wed thru sun and we'll see what happens. It's just funny how the antelope are acting so different from the non otc elk area. Hutch rd looked like a dove hunt, I didn't see anyone where I was at and only a few vehicle tracks.

Kent