Sign in to follow this  
Lookin4amonster

Hunts/Scouting in 36C

I've drawn a late tag for unit 36C and i've heard nothing but good things about that unit this year. I really want to be successful this year, but due to the fact that i'm a full time student at ASU (go devils), and i work weekends, i've been unable to scout or do any homework of my own. Does anybody have any stories or information about that area that they'd be willing to share? Thanks alot.

-Lookin'4amonster

You have a great tag and probably most of the people will be tight lipped. Try a search and you will find probably enogh information on where to hunt. Good luck. :)

I'm not really lookin' for anybody to tell me where they're gonna be. I was just wondering if anybody could tell me whether or not they've seen a lot of game. Bucks yes/no? Monster Bucks yes/no? That kind of information.

I think you will find that just about anywhere you go in the unit, you will find lotsa deer and a good supply of bucks. I would suggest finding a canyon that you can hike in at least 2 miles and leave the majority of hunters behind and have a more enjoyable hunt. Start hiking at 5 am and be in position before first crack o' light. Stay out all day till dark. Wear out that Petzl. Good luck.

Doug/RedRabbit

Thanks for the advice red rabbitt. I will definitely take that into consideration. I should take advantage of being able to hike into some rough country while i'm still young and agile. hahaha. :)

I spent 4 or 5 days down there this year helping folks and it sucked, all weeners lots of does and no shooters. Some of the best coues deer hunters I know who can glass better than me and know alot more about deer than I do, spent more time down there than I did and their consensus was the same, it sucked. These guys even went to the trouble of scouting this summer and hanging trail cams. The result was the same though, ULTRA WEAK this year. I have been down there in the past and always seen a nice deer or two but not this go around. Maybe the rut will change things around for you and bring the good ones down off the cliffs or up out of the flats, good luck.

Bret M.

Guest Ernesto C

Bret,thanks for giving my favoryte unit a bad reputation :wub: yea to many lions in there,I think I got the last buck that was alive in there,poor lions,they have to feed on javelinas and jackrabbits for now on :)

Looking4amonster you got mail and I hope you get a white tail.

Ernesto C.

When I was down there for my November hunt I saw an absolute ton of does and 2 little bucks and a decent one. So in my mind 3 to 150 is not a good enough ratio. Ernesto C unit 36c is my favorite unit, but it has been going downhill the last 3 or 4 years it seems like.

Don`t let these guys scare you, there are some really nice bucks in 36c.

I recommend doing a little hiking and sitting and glassing your butt off.

Move every couple hours to a diferent location and keep glassing under every tree and bush. I have the december 36b tag, I`ll be posting some pictures by the end of the year. If you seem to be having alot of trouble email me hicap40@comcast.net

p.s. my buddy`s wife shot a nice 4x4 this year in 36c

johnny

I'm not really worried. I know there are some amazing bucks in there, I just have to put in the miles to find one. I know though, for a fact, that as long as I try my hardest, even if i don't tag an animal. The hunt will be successful. :D

I had my first visit to that unit durring the Nov hunt. I saw a bunch of does both muleys and whitetails. No bucks or illegal aliens, but I definetly saw alot of sign (trash everywhere). The heavily used trails through some of terrain was disappointing especialy when you hiked in as far as we did.

You guys can have those southern units.

BS