Jump to content
bonecollector

Tick Tock

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

I don’t know him....and I literally just told you that “strategy “ 5 mins ago and quoted you in the post. Haha 

I’m confused, are you complaining about not getting drawn with 27 AZ antelope points?  I wonder how many javelina points you’ve accrued.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude are you drunk?

Didn’t realize there was a trophy pig unit with limited tags. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All y'all mofos are arguing the wrong points. A strait point system (the kid with zero points draws a sheep tag) or a squared point system ( the geriatric dude who gets preference because he has been putting in since the civil war) is irrelevant if we have a bonus point surplus, which we have since more bps are created every year than are spent. There are only two solutions to that problem. 

1. Pool bps. Allow people to pool all species bps and use them on any species they want. In a silent auction style people could use any of their bps towards any hunt. This would more than likely lead to over bp use and create a bp deficit. ( the out of state jo who has applied for elk, bighorn, deer and antelope for 20 years would burn all his points for an almost guaranteed chance at 1 of those tags.) I have suggested this before and it was like talking to the window lickers who ride the short bus.

2. Allow use of bps as currency. Allow bps to be used and spent on things other than draw odds. For example, something like 10 bps and your deer bag limit for deer goes up to 2. Or 20 bps to purchase a lifetime hunt/fish combo liscense.

One way or another we need to get into a bp deficit or these problems will increase regardless if we square our points or not.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Hunter1981 said:

I’m confused, are you complaining about not getting drawn with 27 AZ antelope points?  I wonder how many javelina points you’ve accrued.   

You’re confused?!? You’re giving me a headache.....I’m arguing that someone with 20 points and someone with 1 point shouldn’t have virtually the same odds at drawing a hunt. And for the record, I don’t apply for pig anymore...I’ve killed enough, ill ket the kids hunt them, ya know like we did back in the day, and were glad to have the opportunity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nateNAU said:

All y'all mofos are arguing the wrong points. A strait point system (the kid with zero points draws a sheep tag) or a squared point system ( the geriatric dude who gets preference because he has been putting in since the civil war) is irrelevant if we have a bonus point surplus, which we have since more bps are created every year than are spent. There are only two solutions to that problem. 

1. Pool bps. Allow people to pool all species bps and use them on any species they want. In a silent auction style people could use any of their bps towards any hunt. This would more than likely lead to over bp use and create a bp deficit. ( the out of state jo who has applied for elk, bighorn, deer and antelope for 20 years would burn all his points for an almost guaranteed chance at 1 of those tags.) I have suggested this before and it was like talking to the window lickers who ride the short bus.

2. Allow use of bps as currency. Allow bps to be used and spent on things other than draw odds. For example, something like 10 bps and your dear bag limit for deer goes up to 2. Or 20 bps to purchase a lifetime hunt/fish combo liscense.

One way or another we need to get into a bp deficit or these problems will increase regardless if we square our points or not.

Great F#ckin ideas! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, nateNAU said:

All y'all mofos are arguing the wrong points. A strait point system (the kid with zero points draws a sheep tag) or a squared point system ( the geriatric dude who gets preference because he has been putting in since the civil war) is irrelevant if we have a bonus point surplus, which we have since more bps are created every year than are spent. There are only two solutions to that problem. 

1. Pool bps. Allow people to pool all species bps and use them on any species they want. In a silent auction style people could use any of their bps towards any hunt. This would more than likely lead to over bp use and create a bp deficit. ( the out of state jo who has applied for elk, bighorn, deer and antelope for 20 years would burn all his points for an almost guaranteed chance at 1 of those tags.) I have suggested this before and it was like talking to the window lickers who ride the short bus.

2. Allow use of bps as currency. Allow bps to be used and spent on things other than draw odds. For example, something like 10 bps and your dear bag limit for deer goes up to 2. Or 20 bps to purchase a lifetime hunt/fish combo liscense.

One way or another we need to get into a bp deficit or these problems will increase regardless if we square our points or not.

Sounds like socialism to me.  If this system were in place people would be arguing for a point system.  I don’t see a problem with the point system, I see a problem with people expecting things and being disappointed when not realizing those expectations.  Regardless of how many points you have, 2 or 27.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rodrod19 said:

Sounds like socialism to me.  If this system were in place people would be arguing for a point system.  I don’t see a problem with the point system, I see a problem with people expecting things and being disappointed when not realizing those expectations.  Regardless of how many points you have, 2 or 27.

Socialism? I would guess you failed civics. I am suggesting being able to spend what is yours. Sounds more like capitalism. I guess you would say I am fairly young at 32 but in my adult life I have seen draw odds in the unit I live in for early archery elk go down from 35% to 18% in under a decade. Something has to change.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nateNAU said:

Socialism? I would guess you failed civics. I am suggesting being able to spend what is yours. Sounds more like capitalism. I guess you would say I am fairly young at 32 but in my adult life I have seen draw odds in the unit I live in for early archery elk go down from 35% to 18% in under a decade. Something has to change.

What “is yours” exactly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rodrod19 said:

  I don’t see a problem with the point system, 

 

20190128_AR_RCharles.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hunter1981 said:

What “is yours” exactly? 

The points................ that you bought.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nateNAU said:

The points................ that you bought.

Oh, like taxes that we pay?  We should be able to buy things with taxes too?  That’s that NAU civics for you guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 The az draw is good to some and shitty to others.  If you want to hunt every year apply for other states!  Wyoming you can hunt antelope every year!  Elk, Idaho you can hunt every year.  Deer several states every year!   
heck just get your kid a 504 and they will get some sweet tags,  maybe a late 12a or  12b late hunt.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hunter1981 said:

  We should be able to buy things with taxes too?  

We do dumb a$$. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×