Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Hike to Hunt 2021

This is the same weekend as the Bowhunter Happening put on by the Arizona Bowhunters Association at Mormon Lake.  Even though this hike to hunt looks pretty cool, I would rather support the non-profit association that advocates for Bowhunters and bowhunting in AZ.  Too bad they are the same weekend.

Been around a few years just haven’t made it to one yet. Planning on going this year just seeing if anyone wants to put a group together and camp up there. 

2 minutes ago, knothead said:

This is the same weekend as the Bowhunter Happening put on by the Arizona Bowhunters Association at Mormon Lake.  Even though this hike to hunt looks pretty cool, I would rather support the non-profit association that advocates for Bowhunters and bowhunting in AZ.  Too bad they are the same weekend.

That sounds good too. I may have heard about that one a few years ago. I guess neither gets the word out very well to bring in new participants 

I am shooting Hike to Hunt on Saturday the 17th. It will be my first time so no insight yet but I am looking forward to it. I may hit the Bowhunter happening on Sunday as well. 

Just now, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

That sounds good too. I may have heard about that one a few years ago. I guess neither gets the word out very well to bring in new participants 

I agree, the Happening has been around for something like 40 years but they don't do a very good job promoting it.   At one time, I know it was the biggest 3d shoot west of the Mississippi.  Still a few hundred shooters every time I have gone but not nearly as big as it was when they had the BIG circus tent.