Sign in to follow this  
bobbyo

Eye Candy for you Mass Freaks

post-911-1262986568_thumb.jpg

Sure I fancied this buck for myself, but I couldn't be happier that my best buddy Martin put this bad boy down. We got a few photos of him in July. We nicknamed him “Mittens” for obvious reasons. Martin hunted the whole early hunt waiting for him to show up. There were many 14 hour days without one sighting. He put in over 100 hours with nothing to show for it. He filled his rifle tag with a young frustration buck in November. January 1st he was back hunting in “Mitten’s” home turf. He had doubts if he would ever see Mittens again, but figured it was worth a few days to find out. After passing (not getting clear shots ;) ) on some nice bucks, Mittens finally shows up on January second . Some how he was able to keep his cool and shoot this buck at 13 yards. He made a perfect shot and the buck piled up with in sight of his stand. I could not be happier for him. He has had some hard hunting luck the past few years, but I think he can stop whining about that now.

Congratulations Martin,

Bob

Unfortunately 3 inches were broken off of Mittens main beam, but he still scores well. What is your guess on the score?

post-911-1262986618_thumb.jpg

SWEET.....congrats on a great buck. He only killed it because of the great camo he has on. ;) :lol:

I think he will go 115 4/8 ;)

Looks like he ranged a bit, from the ponderosa to the cactus country.

Well you know the fauna in unit 22 is quite diverse.

Bob

Wow! I got my fix, thanks! Sweet buck and at 13 yards :blink: Way to keep your cool and get the job done!

Lance

Congrats Martin!

Gonna get that main beam fixed? Probably come out pretty good.

Cool you guys have pics of him in velvet too.

Very nice buck! Glad to see all of your guys' hard work paid off.

aw heck, I thought there was going to be pics in here of a lady with some mass to her :P

Just playing bobbyo, nice looking buck you fellas took there. Great job