Red Rabbit

Casey's First Yote

Casey, aka Firstcoues, and I went calling dogs this morning north of Flag. Yep, we had to escape all those hairy-legged, Subaru driving, left winged, rainbow-stickered hippies. This is Casey's first coyote. It was seduced by my mouth call to about 80 yards before we tag teamed him with a 95 grain V-Max from my 260 and a 140 grain Accubond from his 270 WSM. Serious pelt damage.

RR

Caseysyote2.jpg

That's how to drop the hammer on em.

Now get back out there and hammer some more :ph34r:

Sweet!

I missed a bobcat today. 40 yard bow shot and he jumped the string. Arrow went right under his stubby little tail!

Guest Ernesto C

Good job guys and congratulations on your first coyote Casey!! it has some good winter coat, calling is always a lots of fun and exciment.

Casey.................how many shots? :D and it looks bigger that your coues :P

Ernesto C

Ernesto,. i knew someone would bring that up. ACTUALLY it only took me one shot! AND i hit her good on the first one! man talk about pelt damage it was bad! the cool thing was doug and i shot at almost EXACTLY the same time! man was that fun and like he said, it was my first! man what a blast!

there were two holes in her: one the size of a grape fruit and one the size of a orange. the coyote was facing us and the big one ( from dougs vmax varmint bullet) was on the corresponding side to where dougs exit would have been. the orange size one was on the corresponding exit side with my accubond. SO doug and i put 2+2 together and came up with since we shot at the same time, this is what happened!

Way to go Casey. I bet it was a little nippy this morning. It sure is nice to see someone going "bang flop" on a coyote. Keep knocking them coyotes down and it will make shooting them deer seem easy. Congrats. :P

Brian

cold? it said 1 degree in town ( about 7000feet) we were above 8,000 so im thinking atleast -2 or -3 when we got on stand, i have on sweat pants, pants, 2 pairs of sockcs, a t shirt, long sleeve t shirt, a really really thick long sleeve a down jacket, heade net and 2 pairs of gloves, i was ok lol

Nice job Guys!

Great way to keep in practice!

Keep poppon those yotes

You guys should enter the varmint calling contest we have over here in williams,

the contest is the 28th and 29th of Jan. Alot of fun, for a good reason, and a good meal at the end of the hunt. You can enter at Sportway supplies for sure, maybe Ruffs or the bow shop in flag.