Sign in to follow this  
Basser15

I Finally Did It!

As many of your probably already know I finally killed my first elk this past season. A lot has gone in to this accomplishment and I can't explain how excited I was to hold the first elk of my own. Been holding out on posting these few pics until now but I want to thank my Papa for getting me introduced to the outdoors and being my role model.

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

In honor of him I was able to wrap a tag around my first elk this year.

robbull.jpg

IMG_0638.JPG

For the entire story and more pics you can check it out here: http://teamkendrickoutdoors.blogspot.com/2011/12/i-finally-did-it.html

That's awesome! Congratulations on your first Bull. Its cool to see it come together for you.

Good show!!

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed your story and know the thrill of that first bull. That part never goes away. Each succeeding bull will give you the same "rush". The problem with that is it fuels the fire to hunt bigger bulls and makes the annual waiting game for drawing results almost unbearable. There is something about bull elk that stirs primitive instincts in all hunters.

Congratulations.

Wow! Congratulations and I love the old pictures of you and your Dad.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

Congrats again.

Congrats again on a super bull Rob. I'm glad to see it finally come through for you. Awesome.