Sign in to follow this  
dillon_camo

Bizzare Antelope horns

I got these in an e-mail. Very unusual, extreme non-typical. The antelope hadn't shed his horns in 3 years. I think it came out of Nevada.

post-3728-1255661659_thumb.jpg

post-3728-1255661693_thumb.jpg

post-3728-1255661728_thumb.jpg

Wow, that is very unsual! I have never seen anything like that. I don't think B&C would accept it for the recordbooks because it's such a freak! So it's not really scoreable under the B&C system.

Amanda

Pope & Young would not accept it either because it is too far from normal configuration. It looks like the bony cores are so bent that it can't push off the old horn sheaths each year. The new horn looks like it starts growing under the old one and just deforms since it can't push off the old one. Looks like it might have as many as three years worth of horn sheaths accumulated there!

Marvin

Wicked Horns, that's really really COOL!!

Will SCI except it? What a Freak!

Guest borderboy

Thats really cool. A partner once killed a COUES with really weird antlers. Somebody liked them more than he did and releived him of them.

Would be cool to have seen the pronghorn while he was wearing them.

"Will SCI except it? "

SCI would accept a deer you raised from birth in a dog kennel.....As long as you join and pay your dues, pay the entry fee, and buy your trophy, they usually don't seem to care the history of the animal.