Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Goulds Turkey Mount

In 2010 I was fortunate to draw a Goulds permit. Had a good time hunting with SunDevil and Scoutm. Here is the hunt story from last year: http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18486&st=0&p=199040&hl=goulds&fromsearch=1entry199040

I picked up the mount a few months ago that was done by Sven Eberson of Wildlife Wings Taxidermy in Glendale. I wanted to do something different mount in a semi-strut, gobbling from the roost on an interesting piece of wood that was found in the canyon where the turkey was killed. Went with a freeze dried head as the tiny hairs and snoodle are more realistic than a plastic head, imo.

post-6-0-88014600-1306100867_thumb.jpg

post-6-0-39598700-1306100894_thumb.jpg

(pardon the quick/sloppy cloning on the lower left wall in the top photo)

turned out sweet Doug! bout time you posted up some pics. thought maybe all your cards were full of landscape pics. cool pedestal.

Congratulations again Doug on your turkey. I've never seen one mounted like that before but I've seen them in the wild that looked just like it. He did a great job of duplicating the pose and I like the freeze dried head. What a beautiful bird. I think it's time that I start putting in for the Gould. I had the pleasure of meeting Chris & Shannon at the women's javelina hunt. I had forgotten he helped on your hunt until I reread your hunt story. He's a good guy to have in camp. I enjoyed reading it as much the second time around as I did the first time. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

TJ

Really neat pose on the mount and gorgeous bird. Very nice Doug!

Beautiful mount!!! That same guy just finished my dads flying turkey mount and did a fantastic job as well! Congrats on the bird again Doug! JIM>