Sign in to follow this  
Evan

Thoughts on FoxPro Spitfire???

I would like to get into coyote hunting and purchase an electronic call. Cabela' has the Foxpro spitfire on sale for 129.00. Any thoughts on the spitfire?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home/Hunting-Gear%7C/pc/105625080/c/180133380/FoxPro-Spitfire-Predator-Caller/734955.uts?destination=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D180133380&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat180133380

Thanks

Great caller, limited on volume, but sometimes you don't need the extra high volume

I've called in a few foxes, a bobcat, and a few does with mine. I like it, and for that price, I'd pick one up.

I really like predator hunting, even though I havent killed a yoter yet. What you going to be shooting them with?

I have quite a few guns, but I would like to get my Rem 700 in 22-150 dialed in for yotes.

Yeah, that'll work. I use my 300 with 110 v-max. One word, CARNAGE, lol. I have really been fighting the urge to buy a varmint rifle but I'll prolly end up with one eventually. Probably a 22-250 or a 223. Where you located, maybe we can go yoter killing sometime soon. I need to get outside and shoot something, lol.

Yeah, "fitting it in" is the hardest part. With kids and a GF, plus all of life's other BS, it's getting harder and harder to go on the little hunting trips.

what does it take to bow hunt predators in Mexico, like coyotes. A license or just permission from the landowner? I will be coues deer hunting on private property towards the end of January.

Got a spitfire last year. Called in several coyotes with it but like someone already said its limited on volume. I would suggest using the SP55 speaker off the foxpro site for extra volume. Get a mojo critter and you're set.

• Like 1

I've got the prairie blaster and I love it. You definitely can't go wrong with any of the FoxPro callers. Some of the bigger ones you will get more volume out of but regardless they are all fine products.

• Like 2

for 129$ that's a good deal.

original price is a rip.

when it's cold I had trouble with the volume and with the sound selection from about 50yds and about 25 deg.

works ok when not so cold.

for and entry level caller it does fine but if your really into callin save up and buy a better caller.

James