Sign in to follow this  
kazpilot25

Kodiak Canvas Tent

Well I finally decided it was time to get a real tent, so I just ordered a Kodiak Canvas Tent. I got the 10x14 "deluxe" model. Can't wait to get it and test it out!

• Like 1

I have the same one, and I love it!! So easy to put up and take down by yourself. A very sturdy tent as well.

I was debating between the 12x9 cabin one and the 10x14. In the end, the size and ease of setup won over the awning.

Do they stay pretty warm? Last year during the general javelina hunt it got down to about 9 degrees.

9*?! Good God! I like pig hunting, but not THAT much!

These things are sweet, stayed in one this year and they are awesome! Expensive for a tent, but really awesome and worth it.

9*?! Good God! I like pig hunting, but not THAT much!

These things are sweet, stayed in one this year and they are awesome! Expensive for a tent, but really awesome and worth it.

Ya that 9 degrees really snuck up on us. Woke up freezing to death and all water in camp was frozen. It was rough.

Its pretty decent. I use a small propane heater to knock the chill off in the morning. Warms up real fast.

Guest 300ultramag.

Enjoy sir- they are a great investment.

I truly believe my little ones love of the outdoors is a direct correlation to owning a kodiak tent.. she would sleep in ours every night if I let her. Tons of space tons of storage and they clean up nice and the flooring is of high grade.

Only advice is to season it before using it, buy a good hammer and submit alot of vacation time.

Congrats. Those "springbar" style tents are pretty nice.

On the 9 degrees thing, it doesn't matter what your tent is made of, it isn't going to keep you warm without some sort of radiant heat source. This is where a wood stove holds it's own or just double up on the sleeping bags. A propane heater will certainly take the edge off but I wouldn't depend on it to dry out your clothes if they get soaked.

Enjoy!

I ended up ordering it online. I paid $525 with free shipping. I figured I saved about $130 all together.

I have one and we love it we used it this year during sons november rifle hunt it rained on us for 6 hrs and never had water come in pluse we use a heater buddy with a 5 gal tank and it stays nice and warm all night long

I have the 10x14 and it is great. Has held up to some nasty storms with no issues. I also use the big buddy with 5 gallon tank, warms it up fast!

Well i have the big buddy heater and now you guys got me thinking of this tent...been needing a new tent

How much ventilation do you guys allow when you run your heaters in there? I've been thinking about the same setup with the big buddy and 5 gallon tank.