Sign in to follow this  
kazpilot25

Kodiak Canvas Tent

I dont run the heater for long periods of time, just enough to warm it up before bed and then to knock the chill off in the morning. I usually leave one of the vents on top open. when you go to put it up make sure you unzip a door. They are very tightly sealed and form a vacuum. They are great tents, I have the 10x14 as well.

You must vent it well or there will be much condensation on the inside of the tent. Learned that the hard way. Woke up to a rain storm INSIDE the tent once.

• Like 1

I just barely crack a window. Never had the condensation happen in the canvas tents compared to the vinyl tents.

Hey All,

Been looking at these for sometime.....are these easy to set up as advertised?

They are so easy to put up, its not even funny. They are sealed very tightly, so you must unzip the door before trying to put it up. The inside forms a vacuum. From start to finish, the tent takes maybe 5 mins.. That is including the time it takes to stake it down. What is even better, is it is super easy to put away. Not once have I had to start over in trying to get it to fit in its carrying case.

Yes it is as easy as they say. Very quick and very sturdy.

Does it hold up in high wind....40mph? I've been thinking of an "easy up/down" type tent. I have a Cabelas Alaknak 12x12 with the wood stove. I love it, but you have to pound 25 stakes in the ground. I can set it up myself....takes around 45 minutes.

I havent had mine in that high winds bit it didnt budge in 20mph winds

they are tough. i will say this, dont ever pack them up wet. i did for just a day and it stained it (mold) on the outside. We were caught in nasty weather that didnt let up till the next day. i should have set it up again in the rain. its fine but just has some stains on it. i recommend it.

oh yeah +1 on the condensation especially in hot/humid rain.

I set it up for the first time over the weekend and it is pretty simple. Basically you stake it down, put the 3 poles together and voila. I think the hardest part is setting up the front "porch". Ha.

how many cots can you guys get in there and still be comfortable

I'd say 3 and still have plenty of room for gear and other stuff. It's really pretty big inside. You could fit 4 but it might get cramped.

I got the slumberjack big cots so I can store my gear under the cot, they're great!