Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

10 Bonus Points, What Unit?

im thinking late 12AW, i know 10 pts isnt a ton for that hunt but i gotta be getting closer right? 12BW is another hunt I like but that fence talk is freaking me out, like is the hunt really screwed up in that unit or is still good? people say 3c is good but i really want something 180+. ive been putting in for strip for the past few years but idk if i want to keep trying for it or not.

I'm up in 3C each year during the rifle hunt for a family reunion type thing. I've spent a pretty good amount of time escaping said reunions for some nature watching. I haven't seen the same number of deer, nor the quality over the past two season. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

12aw

2qdykvt.jpg

I'm up in 3C each year during the rifle hunt for a family reunion type thing. I've spent a pretty good amount of time escaping said reunions for some nature watching. I haven't seen the same number of deer, nor the quality over the past two season. Just my opinion.

thanks, be interesting if they came out with a late hunt for that unit like they did for 23

22. It should be a slam dunk

ezoay0.gif

• Like 1

I say 12aw. You could get lucky. No sense in wasting 10 points on a small buck.

Hold out for the strip.

im considering that. i like the idea of a strip hunt, im a little intimidated by what the reality probably is. hire a good guide i suppose.

My cousin drew 12 two years in a row. No points. First time putting in for the bab..... it could happen. Lol

the late hunt? i drew the early hunt on low points twice but i want that there rut hunt

The early archery.

right on, ya that hunt is like 65% draw odds. maybe after i get drawn for late rifle some where ill start going for that one and hopefully have a hunt every year

Yea. I personally cant justify putting in for the bab. Its quite the hike. Ive hunted bab quality bucks in units south of the ditch. There are huge bucks in all corners of our beautiful state. I try not to get caught up in measuring the success of my hunts in inches but last year I did spend my entire rifle hunt after one particular buck that I scouted hard. Two blown stalks on the early archery. And I missed my shot at him opening morning of my rifle tag(worst tag soup I've ever ate) But if I had 10 pts, the time off, the moolah required to scout/hunt 6+ hrs from home I'd do it!

Longshooter, what do You know about Trophy Deer? ..LOL............BOB! PS.Late BAB.