17A/B Javelina

Anybody happen to draw a Javelina tag for 17A/B? I've been scouting for the upcoming rifle hunt and I've been running into a ton of Private Property and a few pig tracks. I've been from the 17A/B border on the North to the southern end near Bagdad. The only access I can find is the Tonto Road, Fair Oaks Rd (Thick Trees), Parts of the Ferguson Valley Rd that are open, and a few roads near Yava that just get off the pavement. Everything else is pretty much locked up. I've been thinking of trying the Yavapai Ranch on the North side of 17A for one last scouting trip. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Good units for pig. Get up and glass the sunny hillsides near water. Tons of pigs to hunt. Lots of public land to hunt. Get on azaccessmap you can see what is private and public. I good forest map will help alot too.

Should be plenty off of Tonto road. Saw good track there and what looked like great habitat the one time I went over there scouting.

If you drove the hwy from Bagdad to Kirkland jct, minus the private thats posted there are a bunch of herds right along the hwy! One of my favorite herds to hunt are found by climbing a hill in the wrong unit and looking across the hwy. if you have a quad the get to Scott's basin and shoot one! Pretty easy there as well as the mesas off of fr260.

• Like 1

+ 1 on scotts basin long way in their without a quad or side by side, but plenty of places to glass with decent javi #s

Plenty of pigs out by the cross U ranch.along Hitt wash.

Based on what I discovered last year in those units, do not dismiss the timber areas. I saw huge herds in the timber. Them javelina look like little russian boars when they are running through the timber.