Non-Typical Solutions

Wyoming Pile Up

How about instead of filming the pile up like a typical social media loving a$$hole, drive 1/2 up the road and worn the drivers on what's ahead. What is wrong with people?

• Like 11

People up north that are from here think they are invincable and they can drive just fine in any weather. They don't slow down , guys that fly by me , i see in the ditch or worse up the road aways.........BOB!

Fog up here is another bad one. The trucks that go 65mph in stuff You can't see in is amazing. I never drove truck till 4 years ago when I came up here to work in the oil . After seeing what iv'e seen I have lost all respect for truckers and don't trust any of em. I estimate about 80% of them shouldn't be on the road. Safety is all about slowing down and common sense. I'M sure all You Cops out there will agree. 4 or 5 times weather was so bad I refused to go out..........BOB!

• Like 1

Few years back I spent a winter up in Montana. Driving down the freeway to work scared the crapola out of me. My desert tires didn't agree with snow and ice.Black Ice is some scary stuff. It was a constant white knuckle ninja death grip on the steering wheel, pucker ride...on bad days. I would leave an hour early to work and do 35mph down the freeway, like Grandma coming home from church on Sunday. I saw many cars in the ditch, over the winter.

Never in my life was I so glad to see the green grass of spring.

• Like 1

I drove a truck for 2 years and I don't understand why these truckers didn't use their CB's to warn others behind them. Most radios will go at least a mile. As for the idiots filming not to do something is just unreal.

The CB won't work with todays dis-respectful drivers. They cut each other off in traffic and treat each other like crap on the CB so most turn the CB off on the open road these days. I'm not talking crap here, I drove Heavy Haul and OTR from 1984 thru today but got out of it as a means of a living 5 years ago due to what the industry has become. I do MSHA safety now and can't stand most drivers.

• Like 2

The CB won't work with todays dis-respectful drivers. They cut each other off in traffic and treat each other like crap on the CB so most turn the CB off on the open road these days. I'm not talking crap here, I drove Heavy Haul and OTR from 1984 thru today but got out of it as a means of a living 5 years ago due to what the industry has become. I do MSHA safety now and can't stand most drivers.

10-4 on that. I have noticed that over the road drivers really are becoming rude and have a give a s*%t attitude.

• Like 3

BTW way you do know there was another pile up since this one that started this thread...... RIP to the families and the departed from this last pile up.

• Like 1

Today, most truck drivers are not ...truckers ...they are steering wheel holders, meat in the seat. Most of them are immigrants or very "green" drivers fresh out of school with very little experience and act on the road just like they did when they were just a car driver. It is like so many other things in America these days....every one for them selves and no one gives a crap.. As far as the CB radio goes very few drivers even have them on these days I know because I have been hauling heavy equipment for 30 years and have seen the trucking industry fall apart . Did you see the black suv driver sitting there with out a clue what to do ? I would have bailed out and ran up the hill.....What a mess.

• Like 3

BTW way you do know there was another pile up since this one that started this thread...... RIP to the families and the departed from this last pile up.

God bless them. Was it on the same highway as this?